CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

2014 Silverado 1500 rear end vibes

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Is it a fixed vibration or one that oscillates on and off?

Does the tach needle vary at idle when this happens?

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Is it a fixed vibration or one that oscillates on and off?

Does the tach needle vary at idle when this happens?
It's really more of a shake and it's fixed. Coming on at 70mph and gets worse to 75 and stays about that bad. Tach is steady.

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well I finally sprung another 400$ for a set of KYB gas adjust ride leveling struts for the front. Seems to sit slightly lower in the front now and ride nicer. The vibe is just as bad and at the same speed.
So currently I have the bilstien rear shocks (that made a difference) the KYB front struts, balanced wheels with new Yokohama rubber, new brake rotors all around. And a fresh alignment.
Guess I'll have to look into rear axles....

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
We may have gone through this before, its been a while, but how is the driveshaft and u-joints? Does it have a support bearing? Driveshafts can definitely cause vibration issues if the joints and/or bearings are not correct and in phase.

Keep in mind if it has a support bearing and 2 piece driveshaft, if it is reassembled out of phase it can cause a problem. I've seen that happen.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
This will be interesting to see the results.

Did you put a dial indicator on the old axles to see if they were bent?

AJMBLAZER

Better to be lucky than good.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard of those working. Guy on the Silverado-Sierra forum fought with his dealership for years and then finally got a set of those and swapped them in on his own.

Problem solved.

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m not sure still I really don’t want to get new axles but I don’t know wheat else to try. Is there any chance these electronic steering racks can get sloppy or maybe I need to shake the end links. I really can’t tell if it’s front or rear I don’t feel it in the steering but sometimes on a curve on the the highway at 75mph I kinda do

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rotated the tires yesterday just out of gp’s, one of the wheels has a fair amount of weight on it and I moved it from passenger rear to driver front. It definitely feels like it’s under driver front now at speed. But I’m not 100-%

Top Bottom