20th Century vs 21st Century

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
No offense to you but what a total crock of crap!
We’re deep into the EV revolution and the grid won’t even support electricity demand before the EVs even reach 1%.
Now we’re gonna just fly around which is many times less energy efficient that driving on a paved road.
Bull +%?{?~€*!!!!!

Simpsons did it already...
SimpsonsHoverCar.jpg

runamok151

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
No offense to you but what a total crock of crap!
We’re deep into the EV revolution and the grid won’t even support electricity demand before the EVs even reach 1%.
Now we’re gonna just fly around which is many times less energy efficient that driving on a paved road.
Bull +%?{?~€*!!!!!

You're worried about efficiency on a site about vehicles that average 12 mpg. Oh the irony. . . :haha::haha:

TuckerK5

Incovignito!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You're worried about efficiency on a site about vehicles that average 12 mpg. Oh the irony. . . :haha::haha:
Not worried about it at all.
Never said I was.
Just saying flying is less energy efficient than driving.

Edit: My point is that our society is rushing into the EV revolution with energy efficiency seemingly being the driving force and the current model doesn’t work.
Flying has to multiply that problem several times.

Last edited:

TuckerK5

Incovignito!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The future is now old man!
Back to the SR-71. It had. Camera that could read a license plate from 80,000 feet while traveling 2,000 miles per hour in 1965.
Based on where photography was then and with all of our technological advancements I should be able to buy a surveillance camera for a reasonable price that would read a license plate from 100 yards with both the camera and the plate sitting still but I can’t.
Also lest you forget our current pandemic.
People are dropping like flies from a dang flu virus and modern medicine hasn’t stopped it yet.

TuckerK5

Incovignito!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Also might I add we lost a dang Boeing 777 in 2014.

I can “find my IPhone” but we can’t find a 777 full of people?

Maybe the Mars rover will find it.

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Tucker, I guess you’re right, I have an interest in planes. I’m not very knowledgeable on them, but there has always been a degree of fascination with them. There is an SR-71 here at the local airzoo, we have a close by ANG base that housed a squadron of A-10’s, which are an awesome sight to see flying over head. Went to Kittyhawk, to see the Wright brothers museum and first flight on a grass strip, went to the UP to the old K I Sawyer AFB to see a B52, got to see the B1 and several other military aircraft at Nellis AFB while at the dragstrip in Vegas, so yeah...all pretty fascinating stuff!
As far as change in the last 100 yrs. this was on Johnny Carson in 1988. He had a farmer from IL on the show who was 97 and had a few historical events happen in his lifetime that were pretty remarkable.

runamok151

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tucker, I guess you’re right, I have an interest in planes. I’m not very knowledgeable on them, but there has always been a degree of fascination with them. There is an SR-71 here at the local airzoo, we have a close by ANG base that housed a squadron of A-10’s, which are an awesome sight to see flying over head. Went to Kittyhawk, to see the Wright brothers museum and first flight on a grass strip, went to the UP to the old K I Sawyer AFB to see a B52, got to see the B1 and several other military aircraft at Nellis AFB while at the dragstrip in Vegas, so yeah...all pretty fascinating stuff!
As far as change in the last 100 yrs. this was on Johnny Carson in 1988. He had a farmer from IL on the show who was 97 and had a few historical events happen in his lifetime that were pretty remarkable.

Weren't you a pilot?

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also might I add we lost a dang Boeing 777 in 2014.

I can “find my IPhone” but we can’t find a 777 full of people?

Maybe the Mars rover will find it.

Yup, I find this one very disturbing... pretty sure this thing is sitting at the bottom of the ocean, but you think they would have had a more accurate way to track it before it disappeared.
One that could NOT be turned off by the crew...:surepal:

Big Ray

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tide Pods and Gorilla Glue Girl........ nuff said.....

Gotta love the contrast!

There is a helo on Mars now....

Talking with my last grandmother in the early 90's. She was born in 1914. She was pretty senile, but at times was clear as a bell. Talked about growing up without electricity, or a car, radio or t.v.

Remembered seeing her first airplane. She always thought the moon landing was a fairy tale. I miss her...I was with her holding her hand when she left us.

Last edited:

Big Ray

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, I find this one very disturbing... pretty sure this thing is sitting at the bottom of the ocean, but you think they would have had a more accurate way to track it before it disappeared.

Not to mention the US has the oceans mic'd for sound. Anti submarine warfare stuff....I'd bet they heard it crash...

TuckerK5

Incovignito!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m sure someone on here can confirm or deny this but I talked to an air traffic controller friend right after that happened and he said the pilot can flip a switch and cut off the oxygen to the cabin.
Basically euthanize the entire plan.
That’s pretty disturbing to me.

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m sure someone on here can confirm or deny this but I talked to an air traffic controller friend right after that happened and he said the pilot can flip a switch and cut off the oxygen to the cabin.
Basically euthanize the entire plan.
That’s pretty disturbing to me.

It happened to a golf pro a few years back...
Was flying on a Learjet that had an issue with an oxygen control valve...
put everyone to sleep,, plane flew on autopilot until it screwed into the ground.

They scrambled a fighter jet to check things out, and he confirmed that everyone was out like a light. He hung with it until it went down.. I think they were going to shoot it down if it was going to cross over into Canada.. :doah:

found it..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It happened to a golf pro a few years back...
Was flying on a Learjet that had an issue with an oxygen control valve...
put everyone to sleep,, plane flew on autopilot until it screwed into the ground.

They scrambled a fighter jet to check things out, and he confirmed that everyone was out like a light. He hung with it until it went down.. I think they were going to shoot it down if it was going to cross over into Canada.. :doah:

found it..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash

i don't even have to read the article, it was Payne Stewart.... pretty famous incident...

longbedder

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Materials engineering and power usage ruled the previous 300 years...but there's only so many elements in the periodic table.

We're in the Information Age, bros...

1920px-LongWavesThreeParadigms.jpg

Top Bottom