CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

24 volt starter...

HD

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
My starter went out about 2 weeks ago and I went to a junk yard and got a starter off of a military Blazer. It cranks really slow, even though I have 2000 CCA form my batters. So today I thought about the starter coming out of a military Blazer and thought that it was a 24 volt starter. So my question is; is there a way to change it to a 12 volt starter, maybe by changing the solenoid?

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
My starter went out about 2 weeks ago and I went to a junk yard and got a starter off of a military Blazer. It cranks really slow, even though I have 2000 CCA form my batters. So today I thought about the starter coming out of a military Blazer and thought that it was a 24 volt starter. So my question is; is there a way to change it to a 12 volt starter, maybe by changing the solenoid?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Nope
If you were the adventurous guy, and knew enough in electric components, you could go in and reconnect the windings to work with the 12v. But it's not as simple as just the solenoid.
/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

R72K5

Banned
Reaction score
having same exact problem with an oldsmobile 350 engine, it cranks reaaaaaaaaal slow, with both batteries all way charged up, if it doesnt start up soon then it will probably go into shredder :/

dunno

good luck

Top Bottom