CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

CA 406sbc, 700r4, Pro Billet MSD, FAST efi

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So I’m looking to pull the drivetrain out of old Bender. I’ve got wild thoughts.
Trying to remember what I was told back in 2012-2013 from the folks that built it all.

It’s a ‘78-79 400sb first over IIRC to 406. Runs factory cast iron vortec heads off a 90s camero. Has the same port design but they aren’t aluminum. Minor porting to help them breathe. Does use different angled intake bolts IIRC. Choose these because they have an EGR port.
Pro Products intake.
9.3:1 CR
Speed Pro flat tappet cam. (Slightly more aggressive than an “RV” cam but she’s built to pass smog) Don’t remember the rocker ratio.
Pro Billet MSD dizzy with newish MSD 8.5 wires
Edelbrock TPS shorty headers

FAST EZ efi comes with it. Everything included except a fuel pump. First gen.

1989 700r4 K case. She’s built but I’m currently waiting for a build reply from the shop that did it. Something about shift kit, valve body, converter, sun shell, something something. Sh1t just works and has never had a hiccup. BTO cable and linkage at the TB.

Stab it into something else knowing it’s all good or deck the heads and put a cam in it. Run some larger headers and make the power this should be making without the smog BS.

I really don’t have a price. Don’t really know what something this complete is worth. I’ll probably put it on CList and OfferUp for $2,250 and ready to make a deal. I have no idea.

She’s ready for a test drive.

Last edited:

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Also has a relatively new DR44 alternator. Beast of a factory alternator. Mounted to a serpentine belt set up with AC delete pulley. Throw in DIY4x York bracket and new York 210.

Trans terminology given to me today. Just listing it best I can cause I don’t understand most of it. (I might be butchering what he said)

27 spline
upgraded sun gear shell
.50 boost valve
Vette servo
OD 4th gear clutch servo
Alto 3-4 clutch
Hydraulic lock up for torque converter (locks and unlocks 4th on its own)
Early 90s 4L60 truck torque converter (lower rpm lock up I think)

I don’t have enough knowledge to even fake having the knowledge about what I just said. Whole drivetrain has about 8,000 miles in it since built. (Rubicon, Moab x3, Pismo, local OHV, etc)

Even if you’re not interested but have an idea what I should start $$ asking price at, shoot a reply please. Looking to post it shortly on the local APPs. In the meantime I’m putting the mirrors back on the full doors and driving it :D It’s been too long :(

Last edited:

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Boston transmissions out of Pico Rivera. He’s done all my family’s transmission work.
I should have the mirrors on today and was planning on hitting you up anyway, swing by and check out the blazer.

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sure will be here most of the day. Loading my cast iron dragons hord. Futs' with Chevelle

MetalMulishaMarcus

1 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a solid deal. If i had the cash, id snach up that 700r4.
With everyone wanting to LS swap everything, Hopefully youre able to sell it for a decent price.

Good luck!

Top Bottom