CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

OH 454 Cylinder Heads

USSkoval

Thornbirds look cool... Yeah, I said it
Premium Member
Reaction score
These heads came off of a running engine with lower end issues. It ran smooth and did not smoke. They are just the basic peanut port heads for a MarkIV block. $100 picked up in Madison County Ohio.

20211229_122632.jpg

20211229_122646.jpg
20211229_122659.jpg

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
See the second picture?
Top left corner?
There's a hole through the head casting,, That's where you tie the anchor rope.

J/K .... I have a set of the same exact heads, that I spent money on two years ago to get fully rebuilt.. they just take up space in the garage.. :)

Good luck with your sale!!

USSkoval

Thornbirds look cool... Yeah, I said it
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, yeah they certainly aren't anything special. Just figured I'd offer them up in case anyone was trying to put together a dirt cheap 454 for a daily driver rig.

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those tiny ports and valves are good to about 4000 rpm....but the velocity is probably high as sh!t..
They are good for low end grunt..
but they ain't going to win any drag races....
I have a 454 on the engine stand that the reworked heads belong to,, but I keep looking at a good set of aluminum heads, and can't force myself to put the boat anchors back on.... I'll probably end up selling them for what the valve job and rebuild cost me...all new valves, springs, guides, seals, retainers and locks.. hot tanked, bead blasted, painted, and surfaced....

Top Bottom