CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build - !!! FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM....AGAIN !!!

This is the build description. I will improve this later. (GB)

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know a source that can broach/spline for a GMT-800 style sector shaft?

It will be an oddball, double-ended pitman arm made out of flat-stock (no drop).

I can do the tapers myself but not the splines.

-G

nvrenuf

I grind my welds.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Steve Gerstner of Differential Engineering in Fla used to broach Spicer hub gears.

Tnsejed

6al4v
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

I'd have to make the broach or buy one for the splines and do it on the Okuma. Its not really cost effective for a non-job shop.

Lots of guys just use the stock spline area, grind it into a male square, or flat-faced circle, or whatever and fab around the square. Once done you can even drill it and recess pin it. Will be perfect.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a source that can broach/spline for a GMT-800 style sector shaft?

It will be an oddball, double-ended pitman arm made out of flat-stock (no drop).

I can do the tapers myself but not the splines.

-G
Sounding like an interesting update soon.

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounding like an interesting update soon.

Chipping away at my punchlist.... Lots of HOWE steering components on my shopping list and still need to figure out my hydroboost brakes too. They may be related, so I need to make a phone call or two to confirm.

-G

thatK30guy

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have to make the broach or buy one for the splines and do it on the Okuma. Its not really cost effective for a non-job shop.

Lots of guys just use the stock spline area, grind it into a male square, or flat-faced circle, or whatever and fab around the square. Once done you can even drill it and recess pin it. Will be perfect.
Get this set up and I'll send you Spicer hub gears to broach from 30 to 35. I have a bunch.

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2021.06.18 - UPDATE!! - FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM.....AGAIN !!!

For anyone looking for more ways to follow and see updates on the MightAsWellK5 build, I'm pleased to announce that the IG page is now back up and online!!

It's interactive and fast-moving... and offers a different perspective to the long narrative-style that is usually posted here on CK5.

Give me a follow, and post a comment to let me know you've arrived!!!! :waytogo:

CK5 - IG Promo.png

-G

Burt4x4

1 Ton First Gen
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus allot more...... So are you on track for 2022?
Seeing the current BBash play in pics has got meeeeee YYYYYYYYYYYYYeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Is it real? Do I need to represent with out you?
Burt

Burt4x4

1 Ton First Gen
Premium Member
Reaction score
Life's unexpected changes are haunting us all.... I face a lay off after 22 years... it's unknown... but I hope in 11 months ish I will be able to wheel MOAB once again...

Greg :pimp: are you alive..?

Burt

4X4HIGH

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I thought there was an update here but NO just a MIA person. Burt, get ahold of me apparently you've changed phone numbers or whatever.

Top Bottom