CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

ebay '77 Blazer Chalet #1221 ... for $119 Large in Grand Rapids MI [9/21 Edit: now marked down to under $105 Large]

a77blazerchalet

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chevrolet/blazer/2507943.html
https://www.garagekeptmotors.com/vehicles/1831/1977-chevrolet-blazer-chalet

The crazy asking prices get crazier. This is the same one that some guys might have spotted in an FB video post with the monster donk wheels.
If you look at that video, aficionados of these will see the paint shop repainted the camper stripes in the wrong color sequence of light-to-dark, top-to-bottom, as compared to what's seen in the 1977 GM brochures. Plus you'll see the popup roof trying to launch itself into the wind in the last few seconds of the video as it's going down the road. The current consignment sellers have apparently ditched the donk wheels and went to more effort to repaint the stripes in the correct dark-to-light sequence, but they are still in the wrong shades of factory-correct orangy/yellow colors.

#1221 Chalet r dr stripe repaint.jpg

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well we knew there were going to be more that shoot for the six figure pricetag since the one on BAT got so much.

One family owned? I could have swore the bozos that put the donk steelies on it owned it before this used car lot got it. When it comes to these trucks I get very suspicious when they start making those kind of claims. Strangely enough it is really similar to the other one that went for stupid money.

a77blazerchalet

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the alert about the article! Glad the writer at AutoEvolution used the words "alleged" about it being all original. Jury's out on that. I sent a message to the writer a short time ago advising that he might need to edit the line about it also being "recently restored." "Recent" is a relative term, and I offer this because (a result of it bugging me lately that I had a dead bookmarked link for an Instagram image search site page which I'd tagged "immaculately restored Derrow Chalet") I dug through my mega-spreadsheet for the Derrow name since this #1221 Chalet has a Derrow Chevrolet vinyl dealer logo on the back. Found it in my notes -- I'd saved the direct and still-currently-functioning 2014 Instagram post by a Casey Derrow that he had just brought the rig back from the dead: https://www.instagram.com/p/pE-XYVKNBe/

Notice there, the stripes are in upside-down order of appearance. It's possible the white wheels and dog dish hubcaps might have been original to the rig, not rally wheels. I've never gotten around to joining Instagram, I know the guy has at least one more 2019 photo post of it there, but he may have more ....

#1221 Instagram June2014.jpg

a77blazerchalet

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Price reduction!! Now more affordable at just under $105 Large!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174948648866

That, after its Bring-A-Trailer auction netted just $45,000 earlier today, which is pretty much about where I would place its real world value (maybe that's a bit high), considering it is a restoration with various faults here and there, and not a 'time capsule-preserved' unique vehicle.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score

a77blazerchalet

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it didn't meet the reserve and didn't sell on bat?
Looks that way. Among the last comments was the seller saying something about working out a deal offsite with the top bidder, but when you see the above nearly $105 grand asking price and the top bidder's $45 grand bid, never the two shall meet. For the longest time, I've just mousewheeled quickly down the BaT site listings to see the various vehicles, but I never noticed that some of the listings have the words "at no reserve" at the ends of their titles. When those words are missing, it means it's a reserve auction. Funny thing here that the sellers and some of the commenters at that page don't seem to understand, just because some guy pays a million bucks for something, that does not automatically mean loads of other very similar items are now also worth a million bucks.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks that way. Among the last comments was the seller saying something about working out a deal offsite with the top bidder, but when you see the above nearly $105 grand asking price and the top bidder's $45 grand bid, never the two shall meet. For the longest time, I've just mousewheeled quickly down the BaT site listings to see the various vehicles, but I never noticed that some of the listings have the words "at no reserve" at the ends of their titles. When those words are missing, it means it's a reserve auction. Funny thing here that the sellers and some of the commenters at that page don't seem to understand, just because some guy pays a million bucks for something, that does not automatically mean loads of other very similar items are now also worth a million bucks.
But it means someone else was willing to pay close to it because someone had to drive the price up

Top Bottom