K5 Blazer | Jimmy build created by America.Mike, Nov 3, 2019
America.Mike submitted a new Build:
America Mikes 12v cucv build
Read more about this build here...
Glad to see you start a build thread here. I've enjoyed seeing the posts on the cummins swap groups.
Thanks man. I’ll try to edit and put the build in order when I have some more time.
Yeah looking forward to pics and updates !
Looks very clean and detailed so far. Need to see more!
Great build! We need more pics!
Thanks everyone! I’ll get everything updated soon with more build pics in order of build.
Humble beginnings. A little over a year ago I Removed frame , fixed floors , bedsides and inner /outer rockers, and Blasted frame and brushed two coats of por15 on it.
After the frame was finished I started bolting suspension parts on.
Once that was done I started prepping the undercarriage for upol raptor. Then sprayed upol acid etch primer and 2-3 coats of raptor liner.
Glad to see this, I’ve been following it on IG.
After a week of letting raptor cure I mounted the body to the frame
Once the body was mated to frame I needed to start working on the engine and transmission before installing. The Dodge nv4500 Transmission was shot so I did a full rebuild ( all new parts including gears) and swapped a Chevy main-shaft and tail housing in it.
Onto the engine. I purchased 1998 Dodge Ram with a 12v as the donor truck. Got it dirt cheap with low miles. Body was shot like everything else in the rust belt lol. I pulled the motor and started working on it as soon as it was on the engine stand. I replaced all the gaskets with factory Cummins parts. I also went through the p pump , installed some goodies including injectors, modded the gov spring and fuel plate. Also installed billet freeze plugs , and killer dowel pin fix.
Once the engine was ready I couldn’t wait to get it in. My brother came over to help since we were installing it with transmission bolted on .
Fuel system up next! I replaced all the hard lines and install Larry bs high flow banjos and deleted the Fuel heater while I was at it.
Purchased some rock rings and welded them on the h1 24 bolt beadlocks
Once the wheels were finished I needed to upgrade and rebuild axles. The front Dana 60 axle was from a 1980 drw c&c. The rear 14b was from a 1980 van. I installed Yukon 4.56 gears, 35 spline Yukon front chromoly axles , yukon 35 spline hardcore hubs ,Yukon grizzly lockers front and rear , and 14 bolt disk brake conversion.
Then prepping and paint
I wanted my dash to be removable. So I welded dzus fastener tabs to body and riveted the fasteners on the dash before painting black
Separate names with a comma.