Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 vacuum Question??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stickseler, Mar 31, 2001.

  1. Stickseler

    Stickseler 3/4 ton status

    Mar 23, 2001
    Likes Received:
    Northern Virginia
    While I was checking my vacum lines under the hood of my 89 350 TBI I found a bad one on the ball next to the fire-wall on the jack side. It goes into a tee that goes into a switch (?)on one side that goes somewhere behind the dist. before the swith is a line thats "capped off" the other line off the tee goes into the fire-wall on the passengerside. What's the ball and swith and where does it go. Also is there somthing besides a haynes manual for an 89..It does not have much about TBI?? Thanks..

    '89 350TBI, Stock w/ 220,000 Miles Running Strong
  2. wayne

    wayne 3/4 ton status

    Feb 1, 2001
    Likes Received:
    Carlisle, Pa
    Re: 89 vacum Question??

    I'm not sure about the ball and switch without looking at mine. I have an 89 Jimmy and was looking for a manual but all I could find is the Haynes. They do make a manual on fuel injection though. If you find a manual other then the haynes let me know.

    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>
  3. Grim-Reaper

    Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

    Feb 17, 2000
    Likes Received:
    That Ball is a Vacume Resivior for the Heat and A/C controls. The Switch has something to do with either emmisions controls (think it signals enough throttle buy vac drop to either kick in the EGR I Think it could also be a signal switch for the distributor advanced as everything you have described is also on 80's non EFI trcuks). It connects to the manifold in front ot of the distributor. The other line that I think your refuring to is probably going to the Cruise control throttle control.
    Look under heat and a/c controls and Cruise controls and emissions in your book That shoud all be the same for any of the after 85 trucks (most of it's the same for ALL trucks with the same options).

    Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

Share This Page