CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

91 Suburban V2500 - Tow/Weekend Rig - Build Thread

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get you some chains made for next year!

You know what? It didn’t even dawn on me to chain up. Apparently snow wheeling is new enough to me. More than comfortable on the roads, but without a deeper tread tire, I don’t venture too far off the beaten path.

Wasn’t even on my mind had I gotten stuck :dunno:

Will definitely remember next time!

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good looking tree Clark Griswald.

lol. You have to cut within 12” of the ground. This one was a bit big, but I trimmed it down at home.

definitely beats the crazy tree lot prices around here. $10 permit. No real tree farms around here.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what? It didn’t even dawn on me to chain up. Apparently snow wheeling is new enough to me. More than comfortable on the roads, but without a deeper tread tire, I don’t venture too far off the beaten path.

Wasn’t even on my mind had I gotten stuck :dunno:

Will definitely remember next time!
Actually for snow you don't want it too aggressive, AT is better, but just like sand you want flotation so little less air does wonders.
I used like 22-25psi did fine with open front and rear.

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smog time. Failed, full tune up, failed again.

Swapped back to single wire O2 sensor, threw a new one in there, and passed with flying colors. Much appreciated advice from the shop!

Taking a couple months off from work, debating getting into painting this beast myself. Main problem will be temps in the garage.

Can't wait to do some cleanup and give the old rid some love. Run 10x better after tuneup, and replacing a burnt wire!

1-ton

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a 1991 V3500 Crew Cab with a simular set as your Suburban. It has a small block 350/4L80E/ NP205. The first and second year 4L80E had some issues that most trans shops are not aware of because it is too complicated, or economical for them to deal with. I rebuilt my own first year 1991 4L80E myself, and fixed all the known issues these transmissions had because trans shop cannot deal with the complexities of making these first generation 4L80E transmissions run right. Once you get one of these first and second year 4L80E transmissions right they are bullet-proof. Congradulations on your new-born. I took my son to kidergarden on his first day of school in this truck, and his last day of high school in this truck.

My 1991 Chevy Crew Cab
full

Last edited:

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a 1991 V3500 Crew Cab with a simular set as your Suburban. It has a small block 350/4L80E/ NP205. The first and second year 4L80E had some issues that most trans shops are not aware of because it is too complicated, or economical for them to deal with. I rebuilt my own first year 1991 4L80E myself, and fixed all the known issues these transmissions had because trans shop cannot deal with the complexities of making these first generation 4L80E transmissions run right. Once you get one of these first and second year 4L80E transmissions right they are bullet-proof. Congradulations on your new-born. I took my son to kidergarden on his first day of school in this truck, and his last day of high school in this truck.

My 1991 Chevy Crew Cab
full
Looks Awesome!

I had it rebuilt well once. Did great, until i had a leaking cooler, and fried it when the fluid got too low.

Current rebuild is doing great after 1500 miles and 2 yrs. haha

Wish my paint looked like yours! That's my next project!

Top Bottom