A humble request

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by xenomarine, Aug 8, 2012.

1. xenomarine

xenomarine 1/2 ton status

My buddy Ed is a really good guy. he had leukemia earlier on in life, and he's about 20 right now. Well, turns out he's out of remission and is going into chemo very soon so won't be able to do jack **** on his truck which he just started a frame swap on. He asked me if I could get the truck at least in roller state by the 17th to bring it to his local car and truck show. Would anyone in Connecticut want to help with a full swap? I'm not asking for miracles but i'm not fantastic with engine wiring and the like. i'm typing this out on my phone on my way to new haven to see him in the hospital.

2. xenomarine

I'm from southington and his shop is in meriden, it would be a decent meet and wrench time.

3. swettysblazer

swettysblazer Swetty The Yeti Vendor GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    When? you're about 2.5-3 hours from me, but I might be able to swing it depending on a few things.

4. nostomofo

nostomofo 1/2 ton status Premium Member

meridan is about an hour away from me. when are you planning to get together? this sat is no good for me but sun is a def possability. txt me as i'll be busy away from the computer for the rest of today and most of tmwr. 860-942-7344
    -chris

5. xenomarine

We have had a big outpour of support from local guys so labor is plentiful. What we're missing is parts. I really want to get Ed some custom front leaves from ORD, but i'm not sure how we're going to pay for them.

We are bringing the truck in roller form to a car show on the 19th and we are going to try collecting donations, I dunno if any of you guys want to come. there is supposed to be a rock crawl type thing and an rti ramp, and a burnout pit.

6. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Damn, I wish I could help but I'm not available until after the 23rd. Let me know if you still need help after that. I'm good with wiring.

7. xenomarine

hey guys, thanks alot for offering to help. we're going to the hub car show today and if any of you are free to go, give me a text or call at 860-877-6467. they are having an rti ramp, rock crawl and burnout pit! located in meriden, ct

8. K85 Octane

K85 Octane Tacklin' Fuel Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    get pics!!

9. RIPPEDK5

RIPPEDK5 Guest

I wish i had read this before then, i would have been glad to take a trip to help out

10. xenomarine

i'll have to find some pictures, i don't have a facebook anymore. i'll have to get ed to send me some. the project is on hold due to loss of a shop to use, and it's cold as hell up here.

it's a roller frame for now, with a workable donor cab and bed. 3/4 ton axles, 8" lift, t400. undecided on tires, motor should be a mild/medium build 355.