Account email

TJ1978

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The email I have linked with this account is gone. One of those super encrypted ones. so if I need a password reset or clear cookies on my phone I won’t be able to get into that email or sign in here.

if I change my password on that email I will lose all the email. It is protonmail. I have forwarded necessary email to another but...

can the mods link my account to another email or what should I do?

@Bent77 @mrk5

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the tag didn't send me an alert, either. I stumbled through your info. I can change your avatar, warn you, or banish you.

Maybe @CK5 can help

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
log on to your name in the upper right corner (chromebook). it should take you to your account page where you can change your email.

TJ1978

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a new phone and the email I used when I signed up here is very “secure”.
I can use that old phone to get the email or at least I could. but I can’t use that email on my new phone.

The reason being is I forgot that emails password and if you reset it you’ll loose all your email on that account.

i have already forwarded important Email to my daily driver email.
But if I clear cookies on my new phone I will get logged out of here and have no way to get in contact with anyone here besides @Bent77

so I’m asking if this account can get moderator overide and link it to another email address.
@fourwheelerjeff

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got a new phone and the email I used when I signed up here is very “secure”.
I can use that old phone to get the email or at least I could. but I can’t use that email on my new phone.

The reason being is I forgot that emails password and if you reset it you’ll loose all your email on that account.

i have already forwarded important Email to my daily driver email.
But if I clear cookies on my new phone I will get logged out of here and have no way to get in contact with anyone here besides @Bent77

so I’m asking if this account can get moderator overide and link it to another email address.
@fourwheelerjeff
Obviously if something happens, text me and I can get ahold of Ck5 for you

TJ1978

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
It ask for my password in order to change it and I don’t remember. I usually, after clearing cookies would just make random new one... so uh... heheh

7ED3E812-7CAC-4DA4-B55E-57FDC89964B2.png

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
short answer, yes.

when I was in High School I did a lot of UIL stuff, my last name is fairly common so to make reservations to eat or hold a table I started using the name Jeff Abacab after the album came out. I figured it was uncommon enough that no one would get confused when the restaurant called that name.

very few people get the reference.

TJ1978

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried to use old phone and that email is done. Lost the password and it’s not taking my recovery email.

so, hopefully a new email can be attached to this account

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Tried to use old phone and that email is done. Lost the password and it’s not taking my recovery email.

so, hopefully a new email can be attached to this account
Send me a PM with your new email Addy and I will get it changed for you.

Top Bottom