another one bits the dust, just another blown up 10 bolt!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Jan 22, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

This is out of a friends plow truck.It's his front diff. [​IMG] I was hoping to save the 3.73 gears but allwell!!

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I scraped the parts out of the first 10B rear I blew up with screwdriver.Called friend with wrecker to get home.Carrier was totally gone,nothing to hold axles in.Was ahead of 86 Trans Am{friend helped with rescue},35 Gumbos and snatching 2nd doesn't help 10Bs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I blew up my first 10-bolt in '95. I was out mudding and the Gov-loc gave up the ghost and took the spiders with it. Then I shredded a ring and pinion and '98 and '99 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I also broke my front 10-bolt in half where the axle-tube meets the chunk. I hit a big rock-berg (2' up, 10' below) which bent the tie-rod into a U, broke the axle tube out, broke the axle, smashed the oil pan with the chunk, drove the drive shaft into the t-case which cracked a case half and smashed the tranny adapter into three pieces. It also bent my frame behind the steering box!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Check out the carnage on my website! I am finally going to replace my POS 10-bolts with my 14-bolt/Dana 60 this winter. It takes some folks a while to give up the ghost! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Chris /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The rock that did the damage:

[​IMG]