CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

any one own and or shot a .50 Desert Eagle?

alec78

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I'm letting this obsession get to me a little too much and am kinda thinking it might make a good 30th B-day present to myself (money I get plus some of my own).

So I'm wonder what it is like (just like the title says). Also if any one know somewhere to "rent" one to try?

Thanks!

Stickseler

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure Z3PR has one. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I think I remember him talking about 1 once /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

jekbrown

I am CK5
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Ive shot about 3 mags through one. Rented it at the range down in the Peoples Demokratik Republik of Kalifornikators. It really isnt that bad to shoot. The thing weighs a LOT, and that helps soak up some recoil. I'd rather shoot a DE 50 than a snubby-short barreled .44 mag, thats for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

SS66

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Im waiting for a real mans pistol. One that shoots a full size .50 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ChevyCaGal

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
PM Sammy, he was shot by one and probably has good info.

<font color="white">Only some older members will get this... :whitegrin: </font>

4by4bygod

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I used to own a .44 Desert Eagle.. neat gun, easy to shoot, but it was expensive. Needed minimum 240 grain bullets, or else the shell wouldn't eject easily, if at all, after the gun fired. Needless to say, I couldn't use reloads with it, so it got expensive real quick. Also didn't tolerate dirt very well. I couln't shoot very many rounds without having to take it apart to clean it. Maybe the .50 cal will be different, I don't know. my buddy had the same problems with his .357 desert eagle.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

Resurrection_Joe

1 ton status
Reaction score
Buy a 1911 Fullsize AND a GP100 6" (or Taurus 608 6", 8 rounds of .357)

There, a big auto and a big revolver, both great pieces of work, have fun

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
Yeap, got one. I like it alot !!!! Kinda heavy, but it doesn't kick no where like you'd think it would. One thing though, it is a LOUD gun, and ammo is expencive.

santana

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
My brother has a Dodi Griffin .50 cal we take out once in a while to relieve stress. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
It'l kick your @$$ if you're not anchored right.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

TX Mudder

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I've been thinking about one. It looks like they cost around 1100 online. Anyone found a better price?

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I'm letting this obsession get to me a little too much and am kinda thinking it might make a good 30th B-day present to myself (money I get plus some of my own).

So I'm wonder what it is like (just like the title says). Also if any one know somewhere to "rent" one to try?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a 1911 model in .50 ACP now...

Resurrection_Joe

1 ton status
Reaction score
Didn't they try that a while back and it didn't go over well? Not .50 ACP (never heard of that) but some other .50?

Oh

Screw the .50 AE, get a thompson center in .308 or one of those high end revolvers in .50 beowulf

Actually, get one of those New Bushmaster AR Pistols

MTBLAZER89

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Naw if ya want a BIG gun built with quality get one of these Don't get much bigger. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

clicky
163500_large.jpg

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
mmmmmmmm ,look at the .500 smith goodness :drool: /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I don't care for revolvers. Don't know why, just never have been a fan.

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't they try that a while back and it didn't go over well? Not .50 ACP (never heard of that) but some other .50?

Oh

Screw the .50 AE, get a thompson center in .308 or one of those high end revolvers in .50 beowulf

Actually, get one of those New Bushmaster AR Pistols

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's not ACP... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif It's a small company http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/ and they call it .50GI. No idea how successful it is, but I thought it sounded kind cool. Ammo is probably expensive I would guess...

Top Bottom