CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

Anyone else ride?

JoshHefnerX

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have a klr650, and an fjr1300. Haven't been out much lately, and 6mo of the year it's too hot to ride here, but I still enjoy when I can.

Those saddle bag racks look a lot like the tusk set I have.

red EOD

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have a klr650, and an fjr1300. Haven't been out much lately, and 6mo of the year it's too hot to ride here, but I still enjoy when I can.

Those saddle bag racks look a lot like the tusk set I have.

Bike came with a set of Givi hard bags plus I have a set of Wolfman soft bags from my previous bikes klx250 and klx650.

Haha 3 wheelers taught me how to ride a 4 wheeler, always on 2 wheels hahaha.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a Suzuki DR650 for quite a while. Loved that thing and pretty much lived on it in the summer. Then in a span of about 2 months I hit the side of a truck that turned infront of me, and one of my friends lost his life riding his harley.
My kid told me if I bought another he'd disable/destroy it at every chance he got.
So for about 10 years now all I can do is drool and pine as they go by lol.
I miss it, a LOT. Think of I do decide to get another one day it'll be another DR.

red EOD

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a Suzuki DR650 for quite a while. Loved that thing and pretty much lived on it in the summer. Then in a span of about 2 months I hit the side of a truck that turned infront of me, and one of my friends lost his life riding his harley.
My kid told me if I bought another he'd disable/destroy it at every chance he got.
So for about 10 years now all I can do is drool and pine as they go by lol.
I miss it, a LOT. Think of I do decide to get another one day it'll be another DR.

Agreed there are risks. When I started riding back in 2006 on a honda shadow 650 I was a defensive rider, nearly hit at least a few times each day. Started riding like a goofball when I went to supermoto/enduro bikes and the number dropped to maybe 2-3 close calls per year. Standing on the pegs, weaving in my lane, dancing while riding, etc. I tend to ride 10-14k miles per year

Safest rides are when I've had a rifle slung across my back (to/from shooting events), no cars within 2 lanes and at least 5 car lengths behind hahahahaha.

Want to get better riding offroad on a bike.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. I had my DR about 8' off the ground once. Didn't really want to push it much farther since it wasn't a true off-road bike. I swapped the rear tire to a more aggressive, but still dual sport, tire. Can't remember which one. It helped a LOT.
And I have no idea why, but a simple K&N filter swap turned my bike into a beast compared to stock. Down low AND up high in the R's. Took me off guard when I first test rode it afterwards. About flipped my bike backwards on top of me lol.

All my buddies had road bikes, and only one guy I knew had an enduro. But him and me only rode together once or twice. So I had to off-road on my own, which I don't think I'd do now. Screw up and break a femur in the middle of nowhere and it'd be a BAD day. Or 6. Depending on cell service .

red EOD

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rode down to Del Rio yesterday after the storms rolled through. Well most of the storm, got caught in a heavy downpour for about 10 minutes.

Grabbed this truck, placed the bike in the bed and rolled on home to the lake.

Could certainly use some bar risers on the klr for longer trips like that.

20210424_120855.jpg

Top Bottom