CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Anyone tried evolution chop saw? Never mind I bought something made in Wisconsin

Alan2smiley

I'm in the shop
Premium Member
Reaction score

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't have that one. But we have the bigger metal bladed chop saw from evolution at work and it's pretty nice.
Been going strong with regular use for at least a few years now.

79bonanza

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen the sliding saw version in person but the older model that everyone has now seemed nice but table clamp fixtures always looked like they could use an upgrade.

I would worry about the sliding saw version coming to get me if I was cutting some thicker aluminum that was a little wider. I feel like the blade would try to bite in and pull the head forward

Alan2smiley

I'm in the shop
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the reviews on youtube mentioned directions say to lock the slide when cutting metal, yes I would definitely do a upgrade a clamp both sides of the fence.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your supposed to slide the saw all the way out to you, then lower the blade, and push back through it to cut. That's how they work even for wood.
To lower into the cut and cut towards you is asking for trouble.

Alan2smiley

I'm in the shop
Premium Member
Reaction score
Otherwise it's kinda like backing a skill saw into the material split seconds before it walks up your arm :yikes:

LLeff

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have the 10in sliding compound model, i havent cut alot of metal with it but what i have it has done alright. You just have to go slow and watch out for the hot shards going everywhere. and yes the supplied clamps suck

Alan2smiley

I'm in the shop
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently evolution has two models of saws, industrial and homeowners. This one is under the homeowners. I'm going with the industrial 15" and put it on 1/4" plate with a hub bearing and hand brake or should I say it's on my list of things to do. :D

broflow

Tinbanger
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ellis is very good quality stuff. I know a few people that work there and I have been using their products for 30 years. They are all made right in Verona Wi.
They make really nice belt sanders and drill presses also.

Top Bottom