Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Automatic Tansmission Database

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wheels, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I posted this on a question about a 700r4 rebuild. There is a lot of info in here if you plan on tackling a rebuild of your own.
    The Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) also publishes a book about each and every model and make of transmission that takes you through step by step of the tear down and rebuild process plus upgrades. More indepth than the Haynes manual. You can order their manuals, software, videos, etc. from their website at www.atsgmiami.com.
    Okay here's a secret the the trans shops don't want you to know......www.transonline.com, click on the Totally Tech Data Base, drop down menu select General Motors, then 700R4, then scroll down and select Rebuild Minimums DO or DIE. This is a pretty comprehensive data base for all transmissions and has pictures too!!! Also has TH 350 and 400 information.
    Wheels

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Clickable:
    http://www.transonline.com

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

3. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey Wheels,

Thanks for the much needed info. It will come in handy. Thanks again.

Later Ed

LET'S ROCK
    Don't follow me you will get STUCK!!