Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aw Hell...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Dec 1, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I ran out to my dad's burb (my truck is sitting dead in our garage at home) to grab some stuff. I figured I'd fire it up and let it run for an hour or so since it's been sitting all week. Cranks great, doesn't even stutter like it's gonna fire though. Now I have to parking lot diagnose it and drive it home tomorrow without my tool box and box full of carb cleaner, spark plug wires, etc.

Anybody got a trailer and headed east? :doah:

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

That sucks, you got someone to help you so you can monitor fuel/spark while they crank? :doah:

3. mikey_d05

Ahhh yes, and I broke the latch on the driver's door trying to get it open since everything was frozen solid. There's something about me and doors that just don't mix.

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Are you in Mankato or SD somewhere?

5. mikey_d05

I'll get someone to. A friend of mine has a dead battery and I happen to have an optima red top sitting in the back of the burb. Labor for a weekend loaner sounds like a good deal to me. I just hope someone has carb cleaner or a decent set of sockets. Oh boy....this could get good.

Fubeca, I'm in Brookings, thanks for the concern though. If it really comes down to it I'll find a ride home this weekend or have my dad unload my trail truck and bring my trailer out here.

6. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Ah yes, SDSU I imagine - did you guys get quite a bit of snow/ice this last week?

7. mikey_d05

Yeah, we got a ton of ice before any snow came so everything is frozen shut. How'd you guys do?

8. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Yea... I'll come pick you up, take you home, and meet the family. I think we're at that point... don't you teacup?

9. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

We really didn't get much out of that first one but its snowed a little since. I've got about 4" in the yard in some spots now :wink1: - darn wind.

I heard a 400' radio tower fell over in Brookings because of the ice and wind :eek1: .

That's pretty crazy.

10. mikey_d05

Yeah, they shut down most of the interstates for two or three days. It was pretty ugly but I managed to get back here before the worst of it hit.

One of the radio towers did go down, but it wasn't as bad as the media made it sound.

11. mikey_d05

The injectors are firing normally...and the coil is putting out voltage...anyone have ideas? I'm down to it being the distributor cap or the timing pretty much.

12. mikey_d05

I'm inside thawing out my fingers at the moment. I'll probably skip class and try to get the SOB running. I loaned a friend my spare battery in exchange for help. His battery was frozen solid and split the side of the case. :eek1:

EDIT: Also, is there a good way to un-flood an engine without pulling the plugs? It's ridiculously cold and I'm working in the middle of a barren parking lot with no shelter from the wind.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Did you loose power ?? I watch Souix Fall's news at 5 my time and they were talking about large power outages over on the east end of SD. I hear you guys got hammered over there, the blizzard missed us where I'm at. We got a little snow a couple days after y'all got blasted, but nothing major.

14. mikey_d05

We got blasted for about a week straight. Started with nothing major, then Sunday night through Monday night the **** hit the fan.

On another note, the burb is gonna sit for the weekend, the only reason I need to go home is to get my other truck so my dad can use the Sub. But, since I'm fixing his truck I'm guessing he'll fix mine so he can use it. And right now it's just too cold and windy to wrench if I don't absolutely have to. Looks like I'm spending the weekend here. Maybe it's not to late to make plans with Breanna for the night.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like its just you and your CK5 family. ;) Maybe Can Can will have a few white russians and entertain. :waytogo: