AZ guys who do yardwork

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Sep 14, 2005.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well . Does anyone know anyone , or do it yourselves , to come clean my yard ? Some one reputable , and fair ..... no tweakers or trash . Just weeds and some trash removal to do .

Been doing the weeds periodically with the Hula Ho , and seems all I did was spread seeds and the moisture last 2 weeks made them come back bigger and thicker .

I want them gone , and the wife earmarked some cash for it .

Had a guy who was going to do it for a new hi-lift , and he never called me back .

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

"Roundup" is your friend. I spray once every month or so and it keeps my yard free of weeds.

3. pauly383

I had tried that newer bottle with the hose and battery powered nozzle , I think all I really did was water them and piss off some ants :eek1:

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got a pressurized sprayer. Mix it up per directions, pump 'er up, and spray, then clean to keep it from gumming up. Total time is maybe 30 minutes once a month. Sprayer cost about $20 at HD. The chemical concentrate is a bit pricey, but cheaper in volume, and the larger jug lasts me over a year. For my experience, the weeds are dead and dry within about 4-5 days. Beats the heck out of mowing a lawn! :D

5. pauly383

I'll try the roundup , I have a sprayer . I actually have all the yard tools , just getting tired of doing it .

Maybe it was the buckets of sweat this summer that got to me , during the Monsoon i was doing it every Sunday morning , except the last 2 weekends .

. I still need to find someone to take away the weeds I let go though . I don't want to do it , anyfree weekend time is going to the truck for Moab .

6. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

killing weeds (and everything else

try a product called Triox, it is a soil sterilizer. and will make sure nothing grows for two years. I used it while liveing in Florida and worked great, dont need here in central coast cali. They sold it at Ace hardware, goodluck.