Beat the hell out my blazer at reiter pit this weekend

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by avgas, Oct 17, 2004.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got the blazer fixed/upgraded a couple weeks ago. the 14bff swap went pretty easy.

Went to reiter this weekend and hammered the hell out of it. I nearly rolled it where poohbair rolled his /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Then I bashed in the drivers side door that I had just replaced a few months ago against a tree. And I was supposed to be "taking it easy" too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Now I just need to either weld my rear end or get a locker, still can't decide which.

Pretty fun for a last minute trip though hopefully my friend will send me the pics he took and I can post em up /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-jake

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

GOOD WORK! We need pics!
    As far as the rear end goes, just weld it... I had mine welded for a long time before I took it out, and I welded the 70 that I just put in... No worries!

3. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

yeah I'll probably just weld it, I only drive it to and from the trail and camping so hopefully that would be ok.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

We gonna see you camping again? Make sure to bring your friend Mike /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I want my 205 back now lol, j/k....how did the swap go? You were stillworkin on it last time I talked to you.

5. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

Yes I hope to be out next time you guys go camping /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The 205 swap went good, that was along time ago though, before I busted the axle in may. The axle swap went REALLY easy, no problems whatsoever. I ended up not using the 14bolt I got for free from rudy the bearings were just too rusty, wouldn't even roll smooth in my hand, I picked up one in excellent shape for a sweet price from goober(way less than replacing the bearings and brakes from the other one) and it's been worked flawlessly for like 300 miles now. The 205 is doing great I just got a seal kit to take care of the leaks I just need to find the time to do it.

-jake