CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Blaze the Monster Machine

1984 K5 Project for Dad and kids

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
TH350 for the time being. Once I get back from my vacation I'm going on the hunt for a 4L80E. The one I was going to buy fell through.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? How’s that work? I just put a new modulator in last year. You think the diaphragm is busted and it’s sucking oil up in there?

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Could have, or that plug has left over grunge from old one.
Not always the culprit, the intake gasket can fail on 1 cylinder, but I would expect #6 to be grungey as well.
Easy to check anyway, the trans modulator.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t hurt anything. I did notice all the intake runners were coated in black stuff. Wasn’t exactly expecting that. Who knows. This engine is a ticking time bomb.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turns out this trans came out of a 4wd so should be all good to go there. Just need to save up for a rebuild and converter for it and a new input for the NP208.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So glad it arrived so fast. I wonder if when they told me they were out, it was because they had allotted the last one to you already, since I ordered it the day before. However, I was talking to the guy who entered the order, so you would think he would know. Either way, I am so glad you can finish your shortlbock. Hopefully you have the timing set now too, it shows delivered. Now if we could only get your heads that fast...

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
About 2.5hrs away. Not far in texas terms but far enough that it's cheaper to ship the stuff down to him than drive it. The cam//lifters//timing chain was $20 to ship it. The rotating assembly I had my parents take down to him when they visited because he's about 10 minutes from their house.

Top Bottom