CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Blaze the Monster Machine

1984 K5 Project for Dad and kids

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was flooding the bronco out real bad and washing the cylinders down. Even had the shop come out and repair it once. I'm only running it just so I can get the truck out and moved around the house and if I can get it running half decent, get it inspected and registration renewed. I'm going to see what little tweaks I can make without sinking a bunch of money in to it and go from there.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put a vac gauge on and the best I could tweak to was 15”. Drove it around a bit and rolling into it is fine. Tried to check the timing at 3500rpm with no vac hose hooked up but the timing tape flew off right as I did it so I left it alone.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
0EF6FF5C-6914-464A-BFB7-4909461BFC77.jpeg

Got the tail lights wired back in so it’s ready for inspection. Crazy this thing is deemed safe but my 16 charger with 20% tint was deemed “unsafe.” Whatever. Also got a call that the new engine is finished and ready to be picked up. Got the Holley EFI system and ignition system on order. All the engine//fuel//ignition system thanks goes to @folkenheath. He’s been a huge help the last year putting things together. Plan is to the have the new engine and 4l80e installed and running by February. Completely missed out on all rock crawling this year because of one thing or another and haven’t even finished breaking in the gears I had installed at the beginning of this year. That’s changing next year.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing that thing running with the new engine and EFI!

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't wait. I'm so excited. This TH350 and shift kit are going to get a work out before the 4l80e goes in. I'm hoping for burn outs by new years. Was just talking to my wife about the next phase and I'm contemplating throwing an el camino body or old camaro body or something on here once I'm done bashing this one. I think that would be awesome with the engine and trans combo. Already got the circle d converter picked out. 2200-2500 stall.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stupid truck. Was all excited to take it out for Halloween. Drove it around for 15-20mins. Got home to pick up the family and it just died. Didn’t cough spit sputter or nothing. Just died and won’t start. Won’t even try to start. Stupid truck.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Filled up yesterday with 13gal and needle reads full just like usual.

Tried to start it 45mins later and nothing. Just turns over. Doesn’t even try to catch.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mileage sucks but it’s not that bad hahaha.

The way it just died without sputtering or choking leads me to believe it’s spark. And the way it’s not even trying to catch tells me the same thing.

Im gonna sit on it tonight but I’m leaning towards saying **** it and just go ahead and rip the engine and fuel/ignition system out in preparation for the new engine and fuel injection system.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
This one is 2yrs old and some cheap Chinese one. It’s probably the issue. I just don’t feel like messing with it when I’ve got a Holley terminator system and a new 383 on the way.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha. Man, Halloween is fun here. My daughter is 5yrs old. Trick or treating is an Olympic sport for her. I have to jog to keep up with her. It’s awesome to watch her work. My son turns two next month and this is his first real Halloween to trick or treat. He was following in his sister’s foot prints. It was so much fun.

110CF943-AA54-48A1-8217-75AF41A95B76.jpeg

My daughter is in the blue dress.
3A690AA4-133A-4D47-B170-DC85DD38FF35.jpeg

Before it died on me. Little buddy wanted to drive daddy’s monster truck.
6679C1B1-0CCC-4157-A23B-DCEB3B8ABF6D.jpeg

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cute kids!

To be honesty I'm surprised you put that much time into the carb and stuff already when it was coming out.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I can relate, I hate when my truck is sitting inoperable.

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried to start it when I got home today from work. Won’t even try. I’ve got fuel from the carb so that tells me it’s ignition. And I really don’t wanna screw with it but when it died it died facing forward in the garage which gives me zero room to tear the front end down. So it’s either try to get it running so I can turn it around or manually turn this thing around. Stupid truck.

Top Bottom