Blazer Bash 2021 general discussion thread.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I received an Email From the DOI/BLM.

"Hello Moab Event Permittees:

The county is requesting we provide a 5-year out calendar of events for all our event permittee holders. This is to insure we are not doubling-up event dates and/or over-booking venues, etc.

Please provide us with your event dates through 2025 by next Wednesday, October 28th so we can meet the required deadline and your event dates can be secured."

Sent them this.

Blazer Bash 2021 will be September 10th - 12th.
Blazer Bash 2022 Will be September 9th - 11th
Blazer Bash 2023 will be September 8th - 10th
Blazer Bash 2024 will be September 6th - 8th
Blazer Bash 2025 Will be September 5th - 7th

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Interesting that’s how they approached it

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will probably increase BB popularity, can't start your own event join one

Shhhhhh!

Interesting that’s how they approached it

Just creating more barriers to entry. Making it hard for new events to start I mean.

Blaming it Grand County. I know we are good with BLM until then and we are a priority.

We are also the longest continuous running event in Moab now.

broflow

Tinbanger
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is applicable to this post or not???
Moab Rim campark update...
I made a reservation for a basic cabin, she said that was the last one, sold out until Nov 2021. Not sure if that included family cabins as well, but if you think you’re going, get on the reservations quick!

I really want to get out to this event with you guys and I finally feel like my truck is ready. I'm just trying to get feel for the logistics of it.

Does everyone stay at this Moab rim campark?

If there isn't any cabins left what else is close to it? I'm not much for camping anymore. (I haven't tried calling Moab rim to see if they have any cabins yet.)

I assume that there's room for pull truck and trailer parking at the cabins? and how much? I'm hoping to talk 1 or 2 buddies to bringing a rig along also. I hate to make the drive from Wisconsin to Utah alone.

Also how much road driving is involved to get to the trails from camp? My rig is roadworthy, (barely). It also runs on propane so I'm just trying to get a feel for how much fuel I need to bring or if I can get tanks fill out there somewhere? I run 2- 8gallon tanks onboard and have 6 tanks total. Usually I can run a day of slow trail riding on just over a tank. If the travel get more spirited or there's open road higher speed driving it tends to like its fuel.

I know, lots of questions and I have more but I'll stop there for now. Thanks all for any input or advice.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Lots of campgrounds, most of them have pull through for RV and trailer parking. A lot of us commune one area just so we can BS after the trails

Most of the trails have trailer parking areas, and propane is available

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really want to get out to this event with you guys and I finally feel like my truck is ready. I'm just trying to get feel for the logistics of it.

Does everyone stay at this Moab rim campark? Some, but not all.

If there isn't any cabins left what else is close to it? I'm not much for camping anymore. (I haven't tried calling Moab rim to see if they have any cabins yet.) People stay anywhere in town. From the hostel to hotels, Airbnb and campgrounds.

I assume that there's room for pull truck and trailer parking at the cabins? and how much? I'm hoping to talk 1 or 2 buddies to bringing a rig along also. I hate to make the drive from Wisconsin to Utah alone.Everywhere except hotels and Airbnb are set up for off roaders.

Also how much road driving is involved to get to the trails from camp? Some are a few miles, others are 20 miles. My rig is roadworthy, (barely). It also runs on propane so I'm just trying to get a feel for how much fuel I need to bring or if I can get tanks fill out there somewhere? I run 2- 8gallon tanks onboard and have 6 tanks total. Usually I can run a day of slow trail riding on just over a tank. If the travel get more spirited or there's open road higher speed driving it tends to like its fuel. If you have full tanks in the morning, you should be good. Plenty of places to fill.

I know, lots of questions and I have more but I'll stop there for now. Thanks all for any input or advice.

Chevy350Ben

Part time mall crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, I really want to make this as a goal. Anyone else from Texas making the trek? maybe link up and caravan there? I want to say my truck will be street legal, but I don't know if I'd trust it for 1200 miles of highway driving, so Id have to find a trailer... Moab has always been a bucket list item for me.

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I really want to make this as a goal. Anyone else from Texas making the trek? maybe link up and caravan there? I want to say my truck will be street legal, but I don't know if I'd trust it for 1200 miles of highway driving, so Id have to find a trailer... Moab has always been a bucket list item for me.

this is my year. I plan on either being retired by then or at least back in my home office so I can take some time off. we could caravan up together.

Chevy350Ben

Part time mall crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forgive my Newb question:

Do we need OHV stickers/registration? Looks like as of January 2020 there is no reciprocity with other states.

I haven't needed one on any of the places I've been. But in texas they're all private land. this will be my first ride on public land.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Forgive my Newb question:

Do we need OHV stickers/registration? Looks like as of January 2020 there is no reciprocity with other states.

I haven't needed one on any of the places I've been. But in texas they're all private land. this will be my first ride on public land.
Like Wes said on the sticker. Whether you trailer it or not, all of the insurance items will also apply

ktmoutfront

GnomeWorks LLC
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rant on....

This year, each truck will have a trail pass with the number of passengers listed. Trail leaders will have a list to match it up.

Why you ask? I get to pony up my own money to cover the BLM bill that I just received.

Trails are being ran with BB by families who are not paying for each passenger each day. I can not afford to pay for other people to have fun.

No pass, go run something by yourself.

Rant off.....

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rant on....

This year, each truck will have a trail pass with the number of passengers listed. Trail leaders will have a list to match it up.

Why you ask? I get to pony up my own money to cover the BLM bill that I just received.

Trails are being ran with BB by families who are not paying for each passenger each day. I can not afford to pay for other people to have fun.

No pass, go run something by yourself.

Rant off.....

How does the blm know how many people are in your vehicle?
I can see maybe on Hell’s when you go through the park gate, but any other trail...

ktmoutfront

GnomeWorks LLC
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have to file a post event report. What trails we ran. Needs to match our permit. Number of passengers per vehicle. This year they want the number of registered people. I assume the events have been shorting the numbers.

With most events shut down, I am sure they are going after every penny. The guy I work with for the permit is really easy going. Not a hard ass, but he has bosses. The DOI/BLM fees have not gone up. Group is getting bigger. Costs are going up.