CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Blazer Bash 2022 not Last Minute Thrash

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that was the most common answer from the office pool at Moab
I also believe that I suggested that we just take his 241 apart and fix it, but no we had to put a junk yard unit in with no VSS thinking we were all cool and crap. Then "have to bang shift it" cause it's the wrong thing.

Baba is a hard headed poopy head.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We also discussed doing the R&R for him in the parking lot, but old man motivation got the best of us

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
All true statements, wanted to try out what was quickest and easiest to not pull a bunch of people in to help me so they could enjoy themselves.

I do thank you all who helped and even gave words of wisdom.

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
For Blazer Bash prep? As in you're coming to Blazer Bash next year? Or did you just post in the wrong thread?
They are mods planned to make it to this year's BB... but next year will have to make up for missing this year.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got half of the bog out of the hokey I mean Holley carb on this Camaro

fastazz81

Show me the envelope
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Mine is still the same as last year it ran then so….
Need to put the cage in and soft top.
Need to do head gaskets on the tow rig first .

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I rolled up the driver side window on the Jimmy. Rained Thursday night and I did not have the room to move it back into the shop. Now I have to crawl through the passenger side to get in it. I have not fixed anything from last year.

I need to fix some stuff and sell it. Not worth keeping for 1 trip a year.

r3dd0g

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've got the S-10 torn down, the clutch wasn't too fond of the Nitrous so it killed itself. Swapping the clutch out snowballed into a lot of fab work, the advanced adapters bellhousing was cracked due to rocks getting tossed around by the clutch. I had a factory NV4500 chevy bellhousing so I swapped to that which reminded me that the AA bellhousing is 1/4" deeper than the factory one... Exhaust mods, trans mount mods and transfer case mount mods followed suit.

I have the parts to fix my rear locker as well, so that will need to go in.

When I was hooking up the front driveshaft I realized I have a TON of backlash. Those are the gears M4O installed for me a few BBs ago, so I need to tear that down and see if I need new gears again.

Other than that, it's ready to go! We're going to Sand Hollow in April so it will be ready before then, then I'll have to fix whatever I break there before BB.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My list grew a lot, but have plenty of time.

New rear suspension is the biggest one( on order), also would like to replace the factory trans crossmember for a fabricated one.

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've got the S-10 torn down, the clutch wasn't too fond of the Nitrous so it killed itself. Swapping the clutch out snowballed into a lot of fab work, the advanced adapters bellhousing was cracked due to rocks getting tossed around by the clutch. I had a factory NV4500 chevy bellhousing so I swapped to that which reminded me that the AA bellhousing is 1/4" deeper than the factory one... Exhaust mods, trans mount mods and transfer case mount mods followed suit.

I have the parts to fix my rear locker as well, so that will need to go in.

When I was hooking up the front driveshaft I realized I have a TON of backlash. Those are the gears M4O installed for me a few BBs ago, so I need to tear that down and see if I need new gears again.

Other than that, it's ready to go! We're going to Sand Hollow in April so it will be ready before then, then I'll have to fix whatever I break there before BB.
The "Might As Well" syndrome.
My list grew a lot, but have plenty of time.

New rear suspension is the biggest one( on order), also would like to replace the factory trans crossmember for a fabricated one.
You never have plenty of time. Quit saying that.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The "Might As Well" syndrome.

You never have plenty of time. Quit saying that.
Once the springs come in, it's headed to the fab guy pending if I get shocks in time. I wasn't going to do anything this year but landed on a nice side job where I needed to spend it somewhere as payment.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Hopefully I have time/money to fix everything that needs done after the Penrose trip.....

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Once the springs come in, it's headed to the fab guy pending if I get shocks in time. I wasn't going to do anything this year but landed on a nice side job where I needed to spend it somewhere as payment.
Whatcha doin for shocks?

Top Bottom