CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Body shop recommendations?

FtwK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good body shop in the D/FW area, or someone that can at least replace floor pans and/or quarter panels on a '75 Jimmy? TIA.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good body shop in the D/FW area, or someone that can at least replace floor pans and/or quarter panels on a '75 Jimmy? TIA.
What’s your budget? That kinda thing require a big one if you are farming it out.

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
If the pans and quarters are bad, I would bet money the rockers need attention also.

I doubt you will find a "body shop" that will do it. They are geared towards insurance blow and go repairs. You will need a restoration shop. At $125 an hour, it might be cost prohibited to get done.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
What’s your budget? That kinda thing require a big one if you are farming it out.
Forgot to say welcome to Ck5! There’s a few builds on the site where people repaired similar things themselves. Maybe take a look and see how your truck compares to those to get an idea of what it might take.

FtwK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't really know what my "budget" is....just trying to kinda get an idea of how much it's gonna be, so I'll know if it's something I can get started on now, or it's gonna have to wait 'til way later. I know it's not gonna be cheap, but it's gonna have to get done, at some point...and that's beyond my skill set. Not even really worried about paint right now.....just wanna get everything solid and straight.

FtwK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, just to clarify....it's probably not quite as bad as I made it sound. The quarters probably don't necessarily need to be replaced...they're pretty straight....except for the REALLY bad spots just behind the doors, where it's completely rusted through. Definitely need to be repaired...just thought it might be easier/cheaper to just replace the whole thing.

My main concern at the moment is the floor pans....and it's not the entire floor....just the front sections, particularly the passenger side.

It's not at my house right now....but I'll see if I can drag up some pics to post.

As far as taking it outside the D/FW area....I'm not opposed to it, especially when it comes time to have it painted. It may not be worth it for just floor pans (or it might be), but I won't rule it out.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, just to clarify....it's probably not quite as bad as I made it sound. The quarters probably don't necessarily need to be replaced...they're pretty straight....except for the REALLY bad spots just behind the doors, where it's completely rusted through. Definitely need to be repaired...just thought it might be easier/cheaper to just replace the whole thing.

My main concern at the moment is the floor pans....and it's not the entire floor....just the front sections, particularly the passenger side.

It's not at my house right now....but I'll see if I can drag up some pics to post.

As far as taking it outside the D/FW area....I'm not opposed to it, especially when it comes time to have it painted. It may not be worth it for just floor pans (or it might be), but I won't rule it out.
Realistically if you have someone replace your floor professionally, it’ll cost you at least several thousand. In all likelihood, there’s a lot more than just the floor to replace, as all the braces and body mounts also tend to rot out where you can’t always see them. Could easily roll into $5k and that wouldn’t include paint.

FtwK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
20211231_164139.jpg
20211231_164149.jpg
20211231_164103.jpg 20211231_164002.jpg

Main reason this quarter needs to be replaced, at some point. keep in mind, this is a '75...this one has obviously been replaced with a later model one, somewhere along the way. Prefer to have the correct one.
20211231_164054.jpg

Last edited:

FtwK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Driver's side isn't as bad, over all...
20211231_164237.jpg

here's probably the worst part of this side
20211231_164252.jpg

passenger side is biggest concern...it's obviously toast
20211231_164327.jpg

FtwK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just trying to figure out how to post pics.

As you can see, the quarters don't look that bad overall, at least on the outside....but the spots that are bad...ar REAL bad. But honestly, I can live with that, for now. I just wanna at least get the floor pans solid, so i can throw in a decent interior, and drive it as is, for now.

I expected it to be pretty expensive to get it painted, but....if we're really talking $5k JUST for floor pans....yikes! Might just have to see how bad a hack job I can do myself.

Is a resto shop really my only other option? Of course, I'd expect that to get pricey, quick.

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's hard to be sure what you really have until you get it down to bare metal. None of the holes in this quarter were visible until I stripped all paint and bondo

20210827_071945.jpg

Top Bottom