Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can anyone post in the ebay forum?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88jimmy4x4, Jan 2, 2004.

1. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

can anyone post in the ebay forum or is that a dead forum?

disclaimer:
    I posted this in the feedback forum and didnt get any feedback /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif was hoping this would get attention from PAID members /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    It is read and reply, maybe I should change that to read and write and make the auctions sticky's so they stay at the top.

3. CK5

Build(s):
    Hell, I need to redo all of them now anyway because I can add pics now.

4. 88jimmy4x4

Sounds good, I think it should be so we can posts threads and links to auctions others may be interested in. That way it would keep such posts from other forums.
    I posted a couple threads that would be best suited in the ebay forum and actually had members tell me I should have posted them in the ebay forum, only problem was that I couldn't and noticed nobody uses it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I wouldnt make them stickies, however this forum would require some cleanup monthly to get rid of all the closed auctions.

Thanks for listening

Just an idea /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. CK5

Build(s):
    The reason I would make the auctions that I created stickies, is that they are real time and change all the time via a direct ebay feed and wouldn't want them getting lost on other pages, the search terms I used to create the auctions are in the title and would have the same output as if you were to go to ebay everyday and perform those searches.

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What Steve said is why you don't need to make the post about anything on the search list. If I replyed to an e-bay linked item I most likely said something like "It's already in the e-bay forum" or "We have an e-bay forum". I wasn't trying to get you to post it there, I just wanted to let the auto link feature to do its job. If its somethig that wouldn't get picked up or and odd part the heads up is cool but there is no reason make a post about common stuff like D60s & NP205s. Just my $.02.

7. 88jimmy4x4

Not everything on a K5, truck or Burb are covered in his auto searches. All I asked is if he could make it so we could post threads/links to certain items. I am a PAID member so I see nothing wrong with making this request. If Steve doesnt feel its necessary then thats fine I will respect his decisions.

8. bigjbear

Agreed, that is why I said: [ QUOTE ]
    If its somethig that wouldn't get picked up or and odd part the heads up is cool but there is no reason make a post about common stuff like D60s & NP205s.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW,(and I'm not trying to be a dink) this is not tech.

9. CK5

Build(s):
    Post away, I did make the search stickies so they stay at the top, when I get time I will redo them to include pics, the pics were not available at the time I made them.
    I tried to do the most popular searches, if a search brought back one auction then I didn't do one etc..

10. 88jimmy4x4

[ QUOTE ]
    Agreed, that is why I said: [ QUOTE ]
    If its somethig that wouldn't get picked up or and odd part the heads up is cool but there is no reason make a post about common stuff like D60s & NP205s.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW,(and I'm not trying to be a dink) this is not tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme ask you a question:
    Why are you targeting me with your quest as forum police?
    There are plenty of other threads in the for sale forum referring to ebay links, yet you dont post any comment in those....why? you got a problem with me?

11. bigjbear

No, I am not targeting you. I'm not a mod so I don't even try to look at every post. When I do look at a post and it has an e-bay link I let the poster know that we have an e-bay forum. If I see a non-tech post in this forum I point that out as well. I wish the mods were stricter about posting in the proper forum, but I understand it takes time to do just that. If the year specific fourms were moderated like the "Center of Gravity" it might make the "CoG" mod's job easier by keeping the smaller projects where they belong. (At least that was SF's plan, & now that the rules are established it is a good plan, IMO) That is why I try to do my part to help the site by pointing things out when they are in the wrong forum. If I offended you it was not intentional.