CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

CB headset/intercom

cybrfire

1 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a headset that allows use of the CB radio and communication between the vehicle occupants at the same time?

EDIT, preferably one that'd plug into an existing CB? Corbra army 29ltd.

mtnman210

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I've been staring to search this out as well. My thought would be find the headset setup used in Fire Engines. You need the main unit and however many headsets it allows you to attach. They run radios as well as in cab com through at the same time. The only problem is they are NOT cheap. Although I've found used setups on ebay that were reasonable.

cybrfire

1 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've been staring to search this out as well. My thought would be find the headset setup used in Fire Engines. You need the main unit and however many headsets it allows you to attach. They run radios as well as in cab com through at the same time. The only problem is they are NOT cheap. Although I've found used setups on ebay that were reasonable.

Only thing I could think of that worked that way is helicopter stuff. I'll surf around on ebay as well.

mtnman210

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Only thing I could think of that worked that way is helicopter stuff. I'll surf around on ebay as well.

Same basic setup. I seem to remember that the fire stuff was close to or the same as the helicopter stuff when I was looking for it.

cybrfire

1 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
See lots of stuff with big "headphone" type jack on it. Not so much with a CB type 4 pin connection. I'm betting a smart guy could pull apart a CB mic and tap into the wires and external speaker and make something work. Doesn't really address the coms between occupants in the rig.

combatmatt

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
You'd need dual channel capability (2 radios). There's switch boxes you can use that will combine 2 radio inputs into one output (head set) and then get a headset equipped with dual PTT buttons. Without the vehicle internal radio net you'd just be transmitting on whatever CB band your broadcasting on.

Maybe on of those short transmission motorcycle setups spliced in with 4 headsets would do the job? Or yelling.......:D

Joe91M

Good enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could look at military surplus headsets and jboxes. ( junction box). It slows intercom, multiple radio monitoring and ppt for outside vehicle comms. I adapted a setup from a tracked vehicle for my contact truck at work. ( hummve with amassive snappon toolbox). The 6.5 in the hummve makes it hard to hear with the normal handset when your driving at speed. The headsets are pretty comfortable and the only downside is the ppt box on the cable. It is kind of bulky. This stuff usually uses a 5 pin twist connect or push lock, but I've also spliced in an aux cord for auto paused music on the go. Done improperly, it will broadcast whatever you are listening to. Just an idea

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Small aircraft have similar setup, as well as motorcycle gear. I know there were a few setups on Steel Soldiers also, but can't remember what systems they were.

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a headset that allows use of the CB radio and communication between the vehicle occupants at the same time?

EDIT, preferably one that'd plug into an existing CB? Corbra army 29ltd.

In my Manx Buggy we use Rugged Radios 2 person intercom (vox) with headsets, PTT through intercom via headset to VHF and UH dual band 50 watt.
I'm sure a CB could be made to do the same. Might need a special radio to connect to intercom

https://www.ruggedradios.com/

Top Bottom