CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

CB worth having anymore?

79rustyk10

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking one up latley as I spend far too much time in the car driving to the jobsite. Would it be worth picking one up? It would be mainly for keeping track of traffic conditions, weather, and the fuzz. I live in a fairly large metro area, i'm guessing there would be alot of people doing this for the same reason.

What do you guys think? I saw a Cobra 25 for like $80 at a truckstop and it got me thinking. If it saves me from just one speeding ticket, it just paid for itself, not that I speed that much anyway.

lectric80

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't see as much traffic on mine as there used to be, but there is still some traffic. I do plan to keep it in Krusty, but I am also planning to have a good HAM setup as well for emergencies.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cobra 18WXSTII. Around $60 from most truck stops, has all 10 weather bands on it as well as the ability to monitor two channels at the same time. I had one in my Jeep and will probably stick one in my K5. I have a nicer Uniden 76 to put in whatever truck I wind up with along side my ICOM 2100H 2m radio that will cover the weather bands.

I liked running a CB in my Jeep, was nice on the trail and on the highway. Saved me quite a bit of time sitting in traffic when I was driving 3hrs one way to work. I never really had to worry about tickets though, 70 is plenty fast enough for me anymore.

BlazerFarm

Texagonian
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be without one. Honestly, I don't use it on the road much unless there is a bad traffic jam or a wreck. I do use it on trail runs though...a lot. With FRS being so short ranged, you can't communicate without a decent CB.

Kota4bye

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've got a midland something or another, and a Yaesu ft-2900. I use the "race radio" a lot more than the cb, but not everybody has one yet.

Jagged

1 ton status
Reaction score
I've got a midland something or another, and a Yaesu ft-2900. I use the "race radio" a lot more than the cb, but not everybody has one yet.

The FT-2900 is not a 'race' radio. I hope you and the people you speak with are properly licensed.

Top Bottom