CO: Snow run Saturday 2/27

doubletrouble

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Can't find a snow total for Blackhawk or Central City. Closest is Nederland which got 5".

I noticed my tow strap that's about 10 years old was getting frayed so I figured I should get a replacement before this weekend.

View attachment 369696
Got a chance to try out the new rope.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Definitely a big thanks to @ZooMad75 and @Capt Ron for the yummy lunch. It made for a very nice winter outdoor meal.

I think after yesterday, someone is going to be buying some synthetic winch line.

20210227_112730.jpg

@Raggedy_Ann got towed because of a failed alternator. It was difficult to steer his K5 without the motor running and he ended up running into 3 different trees. One of the impacts put a good dent in the roof of Nate's K5 just above the door. We ended up swapping one of my batteries (I run 2) for his, Nate was able to drive down the rest of the way. Then we swapped batteries back at the trail parking lot, luckily just before the sun went behind the mountain.

While we were swapping batteries, @doubletrouble was trying to get a stock 4runner unstuck. It was a difficult enough recovery that Nate and I finished the battery swap and had time to help finish the recovery which involved a combination of winch, snatch block, and good old fashioned man power pushing the 4runner.

When trying to pull Nate away from the first tree he ran into, I discovered my winch isn't working. The contactor was clicking but the winch wasn't moving.

In the parking lot I was swapping batteries back while Nate was changing a flat tire on his tow rig and Jason was tightening a leaking power steering fitting on his tow rig.

Seemed like quite a day for vehicle issues.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Definitely a big thanks to @ZooMad75 and @Capt Ron for the yummy lunch. It made for a very nice winter outdoor meal.

I think after yesterday, someone is going to be buying some synthetic winch line.

View attachment 370043

@Raggedy_Ann got towed because of a failed alternator. It was difficult to steer his K5 without the motor running and he ended up running into 3 different trees. One of the impacts put a good dent in the roof of Nate's K5 just above the door. We ended up swapping one of my batteries (I run 2) for his, Nate was able to drive down the rest of the way. Then we swapped batteries back at the trail parking lot, luckily just before the sun went behind the mountain.

While we were swapping batteries, @doubletrouble was trying to get a stock 4runner unstuck. It was a difficult enough recovery that Nate and I finished the battery swap and had time to help finish the recovery which involved a combination of winch, snatch block, and good old fashioned man power pushing the 4runner.

When trying to pull Nate away from the first tree he ran into, I discovered my winch isn't working. The contactor was clicking but the winch wasn't moving.

In the parking lot I was swapping batteries back while Nate was changing a flat tire on his tow rig and Jason was tightening a leaking power steering fitting on his tow rig.

Seemed like quite a day for vehicle issues.

It was pretty funny when Jason pointed out the new dent above the door of Nates Rasin-- Er, Blazer.

We passed the doofus in the stock 4Runner on the way down from lunch. Mark was leading the way and stopped to give the guy the heads up there were three bigger trucks on the way down, one being towed too. They ignored Mark's warning. We had got down to the clearing and were laughing at the idea this guy was going to run directly into Jason's buggy in all its 44" swamper shod glory. We hung out down there for a while hanging out and BS'ing. Getting cold and bored Mark started creeping around in low gear in circles. Every now and then we'd call out on the radio for an update and your son did a good job relaying the current state of confusion back to us.

Outside of a couple of broken bolts and a tweaked bumper, my blower motor gave up the ghost while I had it running warming up before we left the trailhead. It was ok until traffic stopped in the canyon for an accident. It was starting to get a little chilly.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
It was pretty funny when Jason pointed out the new dent above the door of Nates Rasin-- Er, Blazer.

We passed the doofus in the stock 4Runner on the way down from lunch. Mark was leading the way and stopped to give the guy the heads up there were three bigger trucks on the way down, one being towed too. They ignored Mark's warning. We had got down to the clearing and were laughing at the idea this guy was going to run directly into Jason's buggy in all its 44" swamper shod glory. We hung out down there for a while hanging out and BS'ing. Getting cold and bored Mark started creeping around in low gear in circles. Every now and then we'd call out on the radio for an update and your son did a good job relaying the current state of confusion back to us.
Patrick told me you were calling while we were swapping batteries and I said "well then answer them!" Haha

Top Bottom