CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Colorado guys... Doing a Grizzly Lake/Tincup run. Come along!

crashandburn

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Man do I get tired of seeing nothing but JKs, JLs, Jwhatevers on the trail. On Saturday 7/2 I'll be hitting Grizzly Lake and maybe Tin Cup if there is time. Let's go show these Jeepers up. These days I run a 94 S10 Blazer, SAS, linked on 40s. Who's up for a run?

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Usually avoid 4th weekend like the plague. Too many j**ps

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Grizzly Lake is one I'd like to run again but I've got obligations that weekend.

doubletrouble

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grizzly lake is a fun trail, I try to stay off the lake and the trails on the weekend of the 4th.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve made an attempt on grizzly. Didn’t make it up out of the creek. It was too dug out 10 years ago for me on 35’s. I can’t imagine it now.

I’ll be on the way back from our desert trip that weekend anyway.

Tin cup is a no brainer, but I bet that whole area around St. Elmo will be crawling with side by sides. They will be on every trail by the dozens. Grizzly, tin cup, Baldwin lakes, Hancock pass, Cumberland pass, all of them. The county allows the SXS’s past a certain point on the county roads up there so they take advantage of it.

I almost hate going to tincup for that reason.

crashandburn

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I’ve made an attempt on grizzly. Didn’t make it up out of the creek. It was too dug out 10 years ago for me on 35’s. I can’t imagine it now.

I’ll be on the way back from our desert trip that weekend anyway.

Tin cup is a no brainer, but I bet that whole area around St. Elmo will be crawling with side by sides. They will be on every trail by the dozens. Grizzly, tin cup, Baldwin lakes, Hancock pass, Cumberland pass, all of them. The county allows the SXS’s past a certain point on the county roads up there so they take advantage of it.

I almost hate going to tincup for that reason.

Looking at Youtube videos, it appears that someone piled a bunch of rocks to make the climb out of the creek easier.

doubletrouble

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@Raggedy_Ann and I ran it two years ago, the entrance wasn’t too bad. When we came back down we played on it for awhile trying to find the hardest line. We really enjoyed the trail.

Top Bottom