CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

WA Complete 6.2 Diesel needs head gaskets

86454K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have complete 6.2 diesel from a 1985 Chevy K30 with 125,000 miles on it. Pressurized cooling, certain has bad head gasket(s)
Complete with all accessories, radiator, shroud, a/c compressor and hoses
No noises
No failure
Following parts under 500 miles
Injection pump
Electric lift pump
Spin on fuel/water filter
glow plugs

Asking MAKE OFFER located in Spokane Washington. 62c.jpg 62lh.jpg 62rh.jpg

Last edited:

86454K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW............kinda loosely basing price on what the parts cost and the fact it is repairable. Let me know if its too high.

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there's just not much demand for a 6.2 engine, even if it weren't broken.

For reference, I paid $340 for my 40,000 mile 6.2 engine (complete w/ accessories). They're just not worth much. Have you checked the main journals for cracking? That might raise the value some if yours are good (many/most of them are cracked).

Shipping also complicates things...

86454K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there's just not much demand for a 6.2 engine, even if it weren't broken.

For reference, I paid $340 for my 40,000 mile 6.2 engine (complete w/ accessories). They're just not worth much. Have you checked the main journals for cracking? That might raise the value some if yours are good (many/most of them are cracked).

Shipping also complicates things...
Agreed in value. Its heading to the scrap yard tomorrow,

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shame you're on the other side of the country...

Yeah. As soon as he said he was scrapping it, my hoarder tendency kicked in and I wanted to save it from the crusher. Even though I know it's of minuscule value. :ignore: :rolleyes:

I suppose that new injection pump was small enough to be worth shipping. :thinking:

Oh, well. Life's too short to hoard parts that have little chance of ever getting used.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. As soon as he said he was scrapping it, my hoarder tendency kicked in and I wanted to save it from the crusher. Even though I know it's of minuscule value. :ignore: :rolleyes:

I suppose that new injection pump was small enough to be worth shipping. :thinking:

Oh, well. Life's too short to hoard parts that have little chance of ever getting used.
The injection pump yes, the rest no.
I have bought plenty of running low miles 6.2s between $100-300.
I have 3 sitting in my shed now.

Top Bottom