CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

dash lights

84k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The blue piece with the sockets is over at my buddies house, as he is soldering the sockets in for me. There is one socket that is not there, because it is wired to the truck. It has a black and a white wire coming out from it which then run under the carpet. I need to tell him which socket to leave open this one. I am assuming it is either the 4wd light or the brake light. It is an 84 k5. TIA.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Hmmmm .... interesting. I had my 83 dash apart several times. Mine had a socket that stayed on the truck , it jumps over to the a/c controls so those lights work with dash lights, it was on the far right top . Duuno on that 84 why it goes under carpet. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

84k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
There is one in the upper right that goes to ground. This one is near the middle. Maybe it terminates at the fuse box, I will have to check again.

skratch

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
That should be the 4wd indicator light. Just figure out which socket that lines up with and leave that one open. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

84k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
It is finals week, so cut me some slack, but I can't for the life of me remember which side the choke/4wd lights are on. I want to say left (speedometer), but could some one confirm this.

Guess I should have paid attention when I was pulling it apart.

Thanks a lot. You guys rock.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
On Speedometer right is choke light , left is 4wd light. Seat belt light on left on gas gauge. Just went out and looked and my 83 is that way. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Top Bottom