CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

dick cepek quiet giants

big k5

Registered Member
Reaction score
does anyone remember these tires? They were a giant radial street tires.I remember them from the late 80's. I just wonder if they are still produced or if there is something out there similar.On one of my K5's I'm running a mickey thompson baja belted (18x39x15) tire. The tires are very bad about weaving all over the road when you least expect it.Of course that may just be the size & width,but I'm down to about 40% tread so I thought it was time to look at something different.If anyone has info on these tires please post it.I've searched on the internet & can't seem to find anything.
Thanks,Bruce

cybrfire

1 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
somebody bought out the dick cepek line. I'm not sure who. Somebody else would know. I think they killed the line though.

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i always wondered if they made big a$$ street tires

Resurrection_Joe

1 ton status
Reaction score
I know a kid selling some of those 39" STS's and was consideering buying them, but I fou\nd out they suck hard on everything but street though, may want to look into those

skratch

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The old "big" DC's (like 40"-44") were Bias Plys not radials and they did make up to I belive a 38" in radial. The 36"s were like 16" wide which is why they made such great floatation tires for snow and all. The newer fun countries are a Kevlar belt and not radials. They make a radial but not in the old tread pattern anymore. And like previously mentioned Mickey Thompson bought the rights to name for producing tires.

DC Poly/Kevlar ply
DC Radials
/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Mickey Thompson bought out the late, great Dick Cepek. You can still buy some of the "Fun Country's" from National Tire Warehouse. They also make some other sizes up to 44".

[/ QUOTE ]
Mickey Thompson reengineered the fun country and they are now the fun country kevlars, about the only thing they have in common with the old FC's is the tread pattern.

jwduke

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I had a set of 33x16.50x16.5, Fun Country's on a old Furd with a diesel engine in it, I got 40,000 mi. out of 'em, an they do balance. They were a good snow/sand tire. Not to shabby in the mud either, but definately NOT a Bogger or Iroc!

Top Bottom