CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

diesel muscle car?

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
so a 500HP 500TQ chevelle would kick much ass from a gas stand point, but what about 500HP and like 750-1000TQ, why dont more people do this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

BlueBlazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The frame wouldnt take it and youd have to run a rear axle that would darn near drag on the ground. Also, a trans that would take that torque would be hard to fit under the floorboards.

bowtiepower00

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Is there a small enough, light enough diesel with a high enough redline for such an application (lets exclude expensive and difficult to adapt euro-diesels for the moment...)? I think the biggest problem is packaging. You sure as hell aren't going to fit a Cummins in a muscle car. I'd sure like to see some light turbodiesels available in compact and 1/2 ton trucks. Those older LUV diesels got 40-50 mpg and ran forever. So did/do the Nissan and Toyota diesels available overseas.

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i want a diesel
its the only way ill be able to keep my k5

BlueBlazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Somewhere I saw a 4bt in I believe a Roadrunner or Belvedere, maybe it was a Dart, I cant remember. Anyway, it may have had a P-Pump which means it could easily push 400 hp and 800 ft lbs of torque and about the same weight as a 440.

sled_dog

1 ton status
Reaction score
I've always wanted to drop a 6BT into a car or 2wd short bed truck. An old Detroit would have a good redline for a street car but man would that be big and heavy to stick in there.

Top Bottom