Digital Camera Video Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We took my 16M/O son to a Christmas light display last night and took a video of him dancing to the live music on my Canon digital camera. I want to copy the video to a cd to send to waiting relatives, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it onto a cd. I have managed to get the initial image to a cd, but not the video. I have tried a few different ideas, but none have worked (I even read the instruction book /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif and there was aboslutely nothing about my query in there). I find it hard to believe that this is as difficult as it seems to be.
    Does anyone have an idea/solution or know what I am missing here??

I need /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What to play on a dvd player or just as archive?

I just use my $12 card reader and pull the files as they are off the camera's disk

If you want to play the cd in a dvd, get Nero or similar and use the make video disc wizard

3. mosesburb

I want to make the disc to send out because it is a large file and I am dial up and so are the people it is going to, so I want to put it on a cd to make it easier. I thought (definitely could be wrong) that I could copy the video file to a cd as something like a data file and they could open it into a specified player (similar to Windows Media Player, but one that supports this type of file) and view it. Is this not the case??

The $12 card reader, is this for the media card in the digi cam?? Can you select what images you want loaded to the disc??

The "image" that I got to load was done on Nero, but I only got the initial image, not the video following it.

4. mosesburb

[ QUOTE ]
    pull the files as they are off the camera's disk

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen the light /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

I hooked the camera up to the system to re-download only this image, but I went to a different file with it and was able to get it onto a disc (and it plays /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif). Now, provided my recipient has Quick Time Player, all is well.

Thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I've only owned one digicam and mine is a sonyDSC model... But anyways, mine came with software and I just plug my cam into the puter and it downloads everything off my cam automatically. I prefer to use Real Player to watch my vids but any player should work. Windows media included. Quick Time is one player that I don't find much use for... Anyways, after I download the vids or stills, I just use my disk burner to burn it on to a disk... I send the disk off and people use what ever player they normally use for viewing vids. Don't know why you had such a problem...

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status Premium Member

Looks like you solved your issue, but since you have the file, you could probably also make a VideoCD through nero like RJ suggested, using that file as the source. Then people could stick it in thier dvd player and watch it.
    I haven't done this yet, but I intend to do it for my in-laws and parents. My dad won't go near a computer, and I'm not sure my father in law even has a modern enough one to watch video cleanly. But they both have dvd players...

Now I'm kicking myself... I just remembered I saw a dvd player for sale in best buy last week for $24... I dunno why I didn't think of it then, but that would've made a great christmas gift.