CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Distributor install tricks????

GM Man

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just trying to re-install my distributor but cant get it to drop that last 1/4" in. Any one have ideas on what I can do to get it to slip the rest of the way in?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
Already have it up on compression on # 1.

Thanks

win717

Registered Member
Reaction score
sounds like the oil pump is hitting just keep lifting the dist.up a little bit and kinda tap it down it will move the pump around til it drops in the slot on the pump

Beast388

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to line up the slot in the oil pump drive shaft with the bottom of the distributor shaft. Get a big flat head screwdriver and rotate the pump shaft until it lines up with the dist. Once they are lined up, the dist. should drop all the way down. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

fjleiter

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, take a long slotted screwdriver
and looking down in the hole for the distributor you will see the oil pump shaft (which will be slotted), make sure the slot points to the #5 cylinder and it should drop in
if your distributor has been aligned properly. May take some minor readjusting but should get you close.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Get the gears lined up to where you want them and if it doesn't just drop in, have someone bump the ignition while you push down slightly on the dist. it will fall right in.

slimlynn1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just turn the engine with a breaker bar on the harmonic balancer, it will drop right in.

Top Bottom