CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

do you guys....

Rugby_7

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
build NV4500's?

Unfortunately we don't offer that service, I rebuilt mine and it wasn't too bad to do though. . There are specialty tools for pressing on some of the bearings but they can be made with some tubing. There is a huge snap ring in the middle so a good snap ring pliers is needed. If you are going to order parts to rebuild it yourself I would recommend picking up a couple extra synchro springs (they like fly away and hide), and a new snap ring (being so large its easy for it to get sprung).
If you want to try it yourself its kind of a fun project.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't offer that service, I rebuilt mine and it wasn't too bad to do though. . There are specialty tools for pressing on some of the bearings but they can be made with some tubing. There is a huge snap ring in the middle so a good snap ring pliers is needed. If you are going to order parts to rebuild it yourself I would recommend picking up a couple extra synchro springs (they like fly away and hide), and a new snap ring (being so large its easy for it to get sprung).
If you want to try it yourself its kind of a fun project.

I'm not interested in doing it cuz i don't have one.. ;) I'm looking to buy one done from a vendor to my specs.. thanks anyway tho.. i will be calling you guys about the 205 stuff behind it tho... changing the input shaft... it's an 89.... i'll do a twin stick, rebiuld, etc... do you recommend running the GM box over the dodge box if possible? seemed like the better solution and just run the dodge main shaft behind the cummins......

Last edited:

yellowK20

Well Lubricated
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
If you get a later chevy NV4500 you can swap in a dodge input and Cummins bellhousing, and have the 32 spline output you need with out haveing to disassemble the trans.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
If you get a later chevy NV4500 you can swap in a dodge input and Cummins bellhousing, and have the 32 spline output you need with out haveing to disassemble the trans.

yup, that's what i thought I wanted.. just wanna find a builder to put a fresh one together for me...

Capt Ron

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have 2 1992s, 1 1993 and 1 1996. Also a 1995 2whl drive. Limited time offer. Your choice $500.00 each.

View attachment 333243

Blackhawk is about 20 miles from me. If you wanna call the guy and see if he will build one to your specs I can deliver your choice to him. If he is reluctant to ship I can go pick it up and handle the shipping to you.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Blackhawk is about 20 miles from me. If you wanna call the guy and see if he will build one to your specs I can deliver your choice to him. If he is reluctant to ship I can go pick it up and handle the shipping to you.
Oh, I didn't see that.. I'd love to get the 96 from you... I'll get back to this tonight after work, thanks....

Top Bottom