Dogs of CK5.

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the thoughts and kind words everyone, Nana was such a cool dog...

She was a trooper right up till the end.
Even though her body quickly failed her, her mind was still sharp as a tack, and that made it hard to put her down. She never showed any outward signs of being in pain, although the cancer had robbed her of being able to eat for 6-8 days.... she was slowly starving to death.

When she stopped taking water,we knew it was time. My wife and son took her for a final walk, (which she still wanted to go on) called the vet to come to the house to lay her to rest before the weekend... she passed away in my son's arm's as Nana was originally his dog... she was 17 years old and had a very good life. ry and nana.jpg

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's tough. RIP Nana.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and kind words everyone, Nana was such a cool dog...

She was a trooper right up till the end.
Even though her body quickly failed her, her mind was still sharp as a tack, and that made it hard to put her down. She never showed any outward signs of being in pain, although the cancer had robbed her of being able to eat for 6-8 days.... she was slowly starving to death.

When she stopped taking water,we knew it was time. My wife and son took her for a final walk, (which she still wanted to go on) called the vet to come to the house to lay her to rest before the weekend... she passed away in my son's arm's as Nana was originally his dog... she was 17 years old and had a very good life. View attachment 359469

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@wasted wages
I'm sorry to hear about Nana, even though we talked about it recently. Is still sad to hear
May Nana rest in peace

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, we knew her time was short the other night...and Pam's son came in from Georgia to be with us.. it was really tough on him.
When Nana was just a puppy, she got sick two weeks after we got her. Turned out the litter had contracted parvovirus... we rushed her to an old country vet that had worked with dogs with this disease. Most times it's a death sentence.
But he got Nana well...turned out the rest of the litter didn't make it.

She went with us everywhere, loved riding in the "bye-bye" car!!
My wife is doing better tonight, will take her a long time to get past this one..

It's just part of a dog owner's life, you accept it when you get one, along with the responsibility that one day you will have to face them passing away.
We can only hope that all the days in between are filled with their unconditional love that they
can only give to us.

Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts...

JoshHefnerX

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our beloved friend "Nanaki" went to be with God today.....

View attachment 359386

View attachment 359387

Godspeed Nana,,, you were an awesome friend
and a great dog....We love you and will miss you
badly....now go play with all the other dogs, off leash....

Been 2 years since I lost my girl to cancer. Still think about her a lot. Takes time to heal.

Prayers sent.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I walked by the spot where my cat Puff-Puff is buried the other day,and realized it was Nov.2nd,one year ago to the day she died..

I choke up every time I go past her grave marker,and my other cat "Kit-Kat's" too,that died in Dec ,2014 ,but that time I couldn't hold back some tears..

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Knucklehead bird dog ended up at the vet couple days ago. She decided to slide into the shop at high speed and use one of the machines to stop her run. Cut her pretty deep and I'm now positive my wife loves her dog more than me. lol Super glue wasn't fixing this one.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 3.00.32 PM.png

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knucklehead bird dog ended up at the vet couple days ago. She decided to slide into the shop at high speed and use one of the machines to stop her run. Cut her pretty deep and I'm now positive my wife loves her dog more than me. lol Super glue wasn't fixing this one.

View attachment 360039

Poor pupper... hope she recovers quick !!:waytogo:

I had a dalmatian put a tree branch thru her back leg once... 5:30 in the morning.. ran back into the house and jumped up on the bed.. blood everywhere!!! :eek:

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Malinois ?
Not sure, supposed to be a full German shepherd but looks like he has some malinois or maybe dutch mixed in. My wife who's wanted one her whole life "gave him to me" for Christmas. She found a guy selling pups for 300 in a parking lot and you all know how that goes but he looks pretty legit. Hes a lot of fun but we have always had lab mix/rescues and this guy is something else entirely

Abusfullofnuns

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’re in for a ride ;)
I can pretty much guarantee it. Lol

Not sure, supposed to be a full German shepherd but looks like he has some malinois or maybe dutch mixed in.

These days most Dutch and Mals are crosses. They are bred for traits not for purebred. One of mine exhibits as. Dutch and one a Mal but they both have common ancestors if you trace the lines back to Holland.

The Mal is a Czech Line GSD x Mal cross.

B8ECB6AE-D06E-4C21-92EF-D65263ACC75C.jpeg

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee it. Lol

These days most Dutch and Mals are crosses. They are bred for traits not for purebred. One of mine exhibits as. Dutch and one a Mal but they both have common ancestors if you trace the lines back to Holland.

The Mal is a Czech Line GSD x Mal cross.

View attachment 360094
Beautiful dogs! Rugers a handful but my wife works with him constantly and he already knows alot of sign language. They are super smart dogs

Top Bottom