Dogs of CK5.

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad that worked out for you, I had a similar situation with a homeless staffordshire that my kids decided to bring home. I'm glad I got that dog out before he killed one of mine

runamok151

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need to be pack leader. One or both of those two dogs decided they are the boss, not you.
x2. People are soft and dog's sense it. But ALL people in the house need to be a leader. The wife can't be a coddler because they'll have this problem every time you're not there.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm so annoyed.... :angry1:

I've had insurance on Kai since he was 10 wks old... big dog, bloat, etc, thought it wise... surgeries, etc can get expensive in a hurry with a big dog........

friggin Trupanion... :angry1: started out reasonable at like $58 a month.. fine... they've been jacking it every yr with no claims pretty much.. he's 5 now.. they just raised it from 87 to 105 a month.... I'm done... how much will it be when he's 10, $175?

f*cked up thing is it's really just major medical reimbursement, it doesn't help pay for anything maintenance-y whatsoever... I'm gonna have a hard time not going off on the phone when canceling it...

it makes me so distraught, I care more about that dog than anything..... but I'll put that $1200 a yr aside and hope he stays healthy for a long time...

full

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
We roll the dice with our dogs. Given how many we have had over the years, my sense is we are way ahead being"self insured". We do however have a dog named zero(he was given to us already named). His nickname now is $1176.23 after he tore his acl at age 1 about 9 years ago. 5 years old seems a pretty low risk age for dogs but anything can happen. Just judging from the picture, kai looks like he could run through a wall

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We roll the dice with our dogs. Given how many we have had over the years, my sense is we are way ahead being"self insured". We do however have a dog named zero(he was given to us already named). His nickname now is $1176.23 after he tore his acl at age 1 about 9 years ago. 5 years old seems a pretty low risk age for dogs but anything can happen. Just judging from the picture, kai looks like he could run through a wall

yeah, I figured from like 3 to at least 8 would be pretty trouble-free.... but I'm sure they bang ya if ya go to insure an older dog,.. that's why I was hoping to be in good shape starting with them, and 1 vet, when he was a pup and keep him covered.. ... I think saving/investing the money is the right choice... if it was guaranteed to stay where it is, one thing.. but I'm sure it will continue to go up annually and piss me off even more...

he is a damn healthy dog so far.. and comes from very good lines, so I'm hoping he won't develop any hip issues later on... and I'm not one for crazy, drastic measures if a dog is suffering.. no matter how much he means to ME...

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I'm so annoyed.... :angry1:

I've had insurance on Kai since he was 10 wks old... big dog, bloat, etc, thought it wise... surgeries, etc can get expensive in a hurry with a big dog........

friggin Trupanion... :angry1: started out reasonable at like $58 a month.. fine... they've been jacking it every yr with no claims pretty much.. he's 5 now.. they just raised it from 87 to 105 a month.... I'm done... how much will it be when he's 10, $175?

f*cked up thing is it's really just major medical reimbursement, it doesn't help pay for anything maintenance-y whatsoever... I'm gonna have a hard time not going off on the phone when canceling it...

it makes me so distraught, I care more about that dog than anything..... but I'll put that $1200 a yr aside and hope he stays healthy for a long time...

full
I think that if you can put that money away, that's a good plan. Like @Wes Harden mentioned, you can always find other ways to get it paid for if needed.

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I love my short hair pointer! She is too smart for me haha. We have to keep all the doors locked in the shop, any door with a lever or push pull bar she opens and lets herself in/out. That by itself is okay except she gives our German Shepard access too and he does not like anyone besides my mom and wife so it can be interesting when people stop by.

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I love my short hair pointer! She is too smart for me haha. We have to keep all the doors locked in the shop, any door with a lever or push pull bar she opens and lets herself in/out. That by itself is okay except she gives our German Shepard access too and he does not like anyone besides my mom and wife so it can be interesting when people stop by.

We got three of them! I think are doors are going to fall of for the amount of time they go in and out. :haha:

Last edited:
Top Bottom