CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Eileens 79 Corvette resurrection. Daily driving it.

ktmoutfront

You are an idiot. Whoever you are
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I bought an ac renewal kit from Rockauto to put AC back in the car. The accumulater tank had 2 charge ports. One hit the inner fender so bad the accumulater would not work. Stopped by Volvette and grabbed the correct one.

They wanted $650 for the 4 brackets. Found them on eBay for $178.

System is in. Full flush. Had the condenser out to pressure test.

I wrapped the long tube headers with DEI heat wrap. 6 hours. Sucked.

Is this ok for putting the header back in? Lift arm was in the way.
PXL_20220805_233705285.jpg

Tripod stand under the front frame. Ran it up until the lift arm was free.

Tomorrow I should have it ready to fire up. This will also fix the exhaust leak. New spark plugs are going in also.

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Everything is installed and ready to vacuum and charge.

Will not vacuum. Maybe I should have checked before I put the rest of the car back together.

Did a smoke test to find the leak. The one fitting that I can not get to without removing the starter, header, rocker trim and the rocker dust cover is leaking.

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just saw this thread for the first time. Cool car. I assume it was an L48 from the factory?

Also, all engines are motors, not all motors are engines. Pet peeve of mine.

Martin

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Technically a motor is electric, and all internal combustion engines are....engines(and none are motors).... at least that's what we were taught.

However, common street lingo is to call everything a motor, so I just ignore it.

I really don't like it when people call an electric motor an engine, that I don't like.

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Technically a motor is electric, and all internal combustion engines are....engines(and none are motors).... at least that's what we were taught.

However, common street lingo is to call everything a motor, so I just ignore it.

I really don't like it when people call an electric motor an engine, that I don't like.

Technically that is incorrect. Look up the actual definition of the words. General Motors? Motorhome? Motorcycle? Motor mount? Motor oil?

Motor is a generic term, engine is a specific term.

12159D56-E39B-4624-B009-B139675F654C.jpeg

Martin

Last edited:

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Technically that is incorrect. Look up the actual definition of the words....

Martin

I am speaking technical terms, "technically" is technical, not literal. I stand by my word, technically, it is correct. ;)

ME are trained an engine burns fuel and a motor is electric.

I have looked them up before, heck you can look up all sorts of words in the dictionary that aren't even words like "ain't" etc., as dictionaries now list all current possible uses of the word, even slang and technically incorrect uses. This is why I said I ignore it when people use motor all the time, I even ignore it when people call an electric motor an engine, which is even more incorrect. But since someone was called out on it, I added to it.

It's like the word bolt. Most people, including myself, call a common "hex cap screw" a bolt, when by technical definition since it has a small round protrusion under the head for the contact surface it is technically a screw, man was I stubborn on that one until I read the military technical specification. Then I called it a screw when I worked for the army as a civilian engineer and you had to put the definition of the list of items on the drawings. But I still call it a bolt everywhere else, because that is the more common term.

But this is probably going to be something we agree to disagree Martin, as there can't be a clearly defined answer on this one. Especially if we use a "search engine" to try and solve it. :rotfl:

Common terms override technical terms on a day to day basis all the time.

1660176215530.png

Last edited:

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
"The heater blower engine" just does not sound right.

Back to the car. Found a partially crushed o-ring. I think it was to big for the tube. So the rocker cover, 4" side pipe, headers, starter and access panel were removed. I will finish it tomorrow.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything is installed and ready to vacuum and charge.

Will not vacuum. Maybe I should have checked before I put the rest of the car back together.

Did a smoke test to find the leak. The one fitting that I can not get to without removing the starter, header, rocker trim and the rocker dust cover is leaking.
Figures

Top Bottom