Email from my dad to my mom (dad is asaf currently fighting terror)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DUKE, Feb 15, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

i posted in the sticky post on top but incase you dont read it often here it is again

email from my dad to my mom

Babe, I know this whole thing is hard on you and even harder to understand,
    >I do not understand why I'm doing what I'm doing. But it's something that
    >needs to be done and I wish I could do more for this war effort. I will try
    >to explain:
    >This is a critical time in history and this is the #1 game on earth. What
    >happens next will determine if America will live in fear or live free, their
    >are more Muslims and terrorist than their are Americans and now is the time
    >and place that will decide how our kids -- kids and our great, great
    >grandchildren will live their lives. This is not the time to look over our
    >shoulder and see who will step-up and protect our way of life, it's time to
    >look within ourselves and do what we can for ourselves to protect our way of
    >life. I feel that what we (both of us) are doing will effect people in ways
    >that most will never understand and take for granted down the road. This is
    >the responsible thing to do, even though it's hard to understand. Most
    >great beliefs and long lasting actions are very hard to understand; most
    >people would rather take the easy way and look at themselves in the short
    >term thinking goals. The world will be a better place once this task is
    >done and we can say we did our best and then some in shaping history.
    >
    >Sorry to ramble, but this is what I do. Love and Very Proud to have you on
    >our side.

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status Premium Member

Give your dad a handshake for me. I appreciate his presence there, and his presence of mind while he's there.

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

We owe our service personel a great deal of support and gratitude. Tell you dad thanks for me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

Your dad sounds like a strong ,and brave man ,give your mom a hug and may god be with your dad ,and your family Don /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

your dad is the man !