Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

family heritage and the jimmy.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ryder, Nov 14, 2002.

1. ryder

ryder Registered Member

thirty years ago my old man bought a 73 jimmy and has put it over 400k. I was brought home from the hospital when I was born. When I was fifteen I rolled it for him on a country road, we rebuilt. Two years ago he picked himself up a 91 k5 so as he went into retirment he would have a newer rig. And as of today I just picked it up from him for 1500 bucks. Needs some work, now I will get my chance to make it fresh again and build it just like I dreamed when I was a kid. Pretty sure you chaps will be a great help. If there is anything that is a notorious problem with these rigs please let me know. Like I said it's a 73 jimmy with a 350, th350 auto, np203 transfer, I am unsure of what axles are underneath her but know that it's running 373's, you just have to love your heritage.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Front will be a Dana 44; rear is a 12 bolt -- assuming it's stock. Your baby is prolly just like my '74 (except I have that snazzy bowtie on the grille instead of your three letters <g> ... my Burb's like that, she's GMC).

Nice truck, btw. Full-verts *rock*.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Welcome to the site! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The front and rear axles will be the D44 and 12 bolt. Ratio will probably be 3.73.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Welcome to CK5. Please post some pictures of your Jimmy. Webshot is free. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you, my dad bought an 80 Jimmy 9 years ago and I've always wanted it. Now I do have it and I'm making it better than ever. Good luck with it /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif