CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Files, best quality,best value.

yellowK20

Well Lubricated
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a pretty good assortment of files at home that fit my needs . Most of them have come to me by way of finding them in old equipment and trucks , pawn shops , yard sales etc.

I need some good quality files at work though , a good assortment to get me through for the next 17 years .

What’s good ? What’s junk?

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have some old Nicholson files, and some Blackhawk files

onetonbb74

On the rocks...with a twist!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well my grandpas old files were usa made nicholson, but the newer nicholsons i have and use at work are made in vietnam...still a good file, used almost every day.

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm bringing this back from the dead...

Is Nicholson files still considered to be a better file choice or are there better ones out there now?

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I checked and can’t read the label on my grandpa’s files. But they are 40+ years old and I use them consistently with no issues. Occasionally hit them with a wire brush to clean them out. At first I got them just to have something of his but I’ve used them more than I ever imagined I would.

Wes Harden

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Some of the files I use were my great grandfather's, guess what all Nicholson. I haven't tried anything new, except the low bid(Chinese) files work would provide. Those did the job, but honestly they only saw light use.

byrdman

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are still some random size NOS USA Nicholson's available at Cripe Distributing last I looked.

Beyond that, I think Pferd (sp?) has a reputation for being good quality, as well as Bahco.
Neither are made in the US unfortunately, but at least mostly made in Europe.

Top Bottom