CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

First Gen Bumper Options

Entropy

1971 K5 Blazer w/350
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any good sources for bolt-on bumpers for first-gens? I'm looking for a front bumper with a winch mount and also brackets for towing - otherwise nothing too fancy. I'm not finding many options - or is getting one fabricated the best way to go?

Thanks and Cheers,

Andy

72gmck5

Fix, break, rinse, repeat.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Chassis unlimited was making them for a while. If you are open to modifying, a lot of square body bumpers would likely fit with minimal effort. That would open your options up to like Offroad Design, DIY4X, and Four By Design

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rock Bottom Offroad is reproducing the Chassis Unlimited bumpers.

Chassis Unlimited seems to be primarily catering to the bro dozer crowd. Good to hear that someone picked up that bumper for the first gen, I always thought it was one of the better options on the market.

Entropy

1971 K5 Blazer w/350
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the tips!

I chatted with Rock Bottom Offroad. They don't keep first-gen stuff in stock, but they can make them or anything custom. Since I live in Colorado though, I think I'll look into local fabricators first.

tyc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have an extra set but I do have a set of chassis unlimited bumpers hanging on my wall waiting for install. If you need any measurements I can throw a tape on them. Also have them 3D rendered for visual if that would help

tyc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3D rendering was done just to get an idea of what I am going for with my build. There are a few obvious flaws but thought I would offer it up anyways

Attachments

• 360 Video.mp4
    19.8 MB · Views: 2

Entropy

1971 K5 Blazer w/350
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you! That is a super-cool and helpful render!

AJs72K5

blub-blub-blub-blub
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Whoa. That 3D model is cool. More info on the rendering?

tyc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like where I got it? Sure. Just put an ad on freelancer.com to 3d render a truck. Mentioned that it had to have a particular kind of roof rack and bumpers that would have to be rendered from photos. Then I mentioned the color scheme. It liked the result so I had the same guy do a mock up of the interior in my color scheme too. What I have discovered is this was far easier then doing the actual work. I think they asked for $5 originally. I added some stuff along the way so they asked for $10 more. I think I sent them $40 cuz I felt they went the extra mile. (all of these are estimates) It was a fun experiment and gave me something cool to hang on the barn wall for motivation.

Interior.png

Dirsuper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Genius man - freaking brilliant! I could have saved....hell, months of 'pondering' if I were smart enough to think of something like that. I love where you are going with the build - it's going to be awesome.

Top Bottom