CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

frame bent how to fix

daleearnhardt01

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Id just wait and browse the for sale forum and see when somebody sells a rolling chassis... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I agree, it really depends on how bad it's bent to figure out if it's salvageable...is that a word? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bablazer73

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Where and how bad is it bent? There are lots of options.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm thinkin the same. I have backyard fixed a few. hammer, torches, tree, winch. were is it bent?

the excuse

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
the driver side frame seems to be higher. it also is tweaked inward a few degrees, (its not straight up and down in comparison with the ground). the passenger side seems fine.

the excuse

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
whats frame horns. i dont think im talking about those. basically the back axle looks higher up and closer to the body on one side by about one inch.

the excuse

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
oh and the front axle looks to be moved over about a half inch in comparison to the body. the frond driver shackle is angled inwards, they are ord's too.

dremu

Officious Thread Derailer
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You sure your springs aren't just whacked?

You might measure body-vs-frame, as opposed to ground-vs-frame ... if one of the spring leaves is cracked or if one side is flatter than the other it'll throw things off.

pplblazerdude

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I just finished a frame swap on my blazer and the frame that was on my blazer had already been through a fram machine it was that bad. it had bent the front shackels really bad and the rear springs wherr twisted. I think i got my frame for 225 and got a new gas tank a skid plate dual shocks and a bunch of other goodies.

CLint

Top Bottom