Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frame off Jig

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Roostr84, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I am wondering if anybody here has taken their body off of the frame and what sort of stand they made to hold the body while they are working on it or the frame. I really don't want to invest in a commercial stand since I don't have the space to store it and I don't plan on seperating to many bodies from their frames. Thanks for any help.

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I just used 4 jack stands plus some stacks of wood 4x4s. The four jack stands were placed on the rails which run sideways under the bed area. This is where the body is mounted to the frame so should be strong enough. The rockers were supported by stacks of wood.
    Here are some photos. See halfway down left column: http://jt-k5.rockcrawler.com/photo.html
    Sorry it might load slow because I haven't figured out thumbnails /forums/images/icons/confused.gif .
    JT

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

what about 2 swing sets?