CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
OK so upon cleaning the k5 after wheeling I realized the front driver wheel had kissed the fender pretty hard rearward. Of course with 35"s and 6" lift I'm pushing it but I was not flexing when thud happened. I've moved the rear axle back 1.5" to fix the rear but the front is factory location on a d44. My question is: what's the best way to move the axle forward a couple inches?

Bent77

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Probably an easy inch, basically offsets the center pin

Bent77

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I had that concern. Not sure how much change you'd see at 1"

2" forward would be a 52" spring swap.

AJs72K5

blub-blub-blub-blub
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m not sure how you stuff a 35 into the body on a 6” lift fir a 1st gen. That’s a lot of travel to make that happen. Stupid questions.... shocks are good? Ubolts didn’t move? No broken spring pin?

Bent77

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m not sure how you stuff a 35 into the body on a 6” lift fir a 1st gen. That’s a lot of travel to make that happen. Stupid questions.... shocks are good? Ubolts didn’t move? No broken spring pin?
Ooooohh it's doable
:whistle:

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ord front6" springs, billstein 5150 New and all hardware is new. Using factory shackles and hangers with no limit bracket (one on the frame behind the driver shackle)
Ooooohh it's doable
:whistle:

Bent77

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I wouldn’t change from the Alcans. That explains why they move

52 is a nice swap from stock though

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but could you get it forward an inch by drilling new center pin locations in the axle spring pads? Or just use the plate that ORD makes to move the axle while only lifting it 1/4".

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but could you get it forward an inch by drilling new center pin locations in the axle spring pads? Or just use the plate that ORD makes to move the axle while only lifting it 1/4".
I may have to shop around I wasn't sure if the offset pads were available for the front axle and if they will affect the castor. I also don't want to screw with the height.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can get up to 1 1/4" movement just by drilling the spring pad and plate. Caster change will be almost nothing.

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
When you ordered the springs, all you had to do was request the hole be placed further forward.
In hind sight that's what I would have done. This truck will be getting linked eventually so I don't want to get really crazy with these springs

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use the axle offset plates from ORD or make your own. It should not effect caster and they work for front or rear suspension. I am going to make some for my '83 K5 since I have the stuff at work to do it.

Top Bottom