Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas money...

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by muddysub, Jul 9, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    how much is it gonna cost me to drive to moab and back from vegas? i get about 9-10mpg in town. is this gonna leave me broker than broke? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    Mapblast says it's 458 miles from Vegas to Moab. If you get 9-10 in town you'll prolly manage 11-12 on the highway. Roughly 40 gallons each way. I have no idea what gas prices are in your area though...but using $1.50 per gallon it would run you $120 return plus whatever you burn while at Moab.

rene

3. muddysub

Build(s):
    wow thanks. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I've wheeled all day there and didn't even use that much gas so at least when you get there, wheelin will be cheap /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and maybe you will win something you can sell for gas money?
    Always look at the brite side......Moab isn't a bad place to live. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. muddysub

Build(s):
    hahaha yeah i'll get a job while i'm there. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Now just think of us guys coming from California that get 4-6 MPG on the highway and have 1000 miles to drive.

David

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

its 1000 miles exactly for me to get to Moab... looks like $300 in gas for me.. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif thankfully my gf is gonna pitch in... and prolly my mom too. I guess if I win the softop in the raffle I'll come out ahead right? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

8. muddysub

Build(s):
    i can bet on about $200-$250 in gas money for the trip and wheelin. and now i need a new a/c compressor. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. muddysub

Build(s):
    guess what. my buddy's super duty arrives in 3 weeks! i could be getting towed there still!!!! and his powerstroke towing my suburban will get better mileage than my suburban driving there. looks like $250 just went down to around $100 for me. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i aint goin r nothing but i was wondering for FUTURE reference.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ..what it would run from rochetser N.Y to moab!!?? lol..(in gas money)...i get like 9-10 gallans round town as well..like most other with these trucks..

Bryan

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I just used yahoo maps... just get directions from your home town to moab, UT and it'll tell ya exactly how far it is. From my front door to the moab city limits, it is: 1005.1 miles... divide by 10 and you know how many gallons of gas I need (others mileage will differ!).

J

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh ok cool..thanx...wish i REALLY needed the info...:( lol..

Bryan

13. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

you could get that AC compressor if you had have gotten a better payin job than boy scout camp. they just dont give you enough to work on your truck for the work.

14. Flyun

Flyun Newbie

Even light 4x4ing in Moab can be a healthy expense. U-joints are usually the first thing to go though the GM 10-bolt rear axle is very prone to failure. I've been 4x4ing in Moab for over 13 years now and I've made it home every time I go down there. (I live 3 hours away). Some of my friends have not been so lucky. I recommend taking it easy if you're driving to and from moab in your 4x4 rigg and especially if you can't afford the expense of grenaded parts. What trails are you thinking of running?

Flyun Ryun

15. muddysub

Build(s):
    i found a trailer that'll hold the sub!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif