CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Gas-Wood(mesquite or other)-or regular old charcoal briquets?

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I personally have a problem using gas or propane...hell, might as well push your stove outside /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I only use mesquite charcoal.

Whats your choice BBQ's of CK5?

nc87k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
same here, don't like gas. I had a bad experience about 6 years ago, we took a vaction in Pigeon Forge, TN and the only grill at the time share cabin was gas, well everyone wanted hamburgers and we all know how much fat is in them; long story short, I went back in the cabin for a few seconds and the cabin was full of smoke where the grill caught fire from the grease dripping. After I got the flames down, all of the other cabin goers were looking at us from their back porches, thought a couple had fire extinguishers ready /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Capman2k

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I haven't yet grilled anything on a real grill... Just a george forman /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif...

but my dad uses the grill we've had since around the time I was born (84)... and regular charcoal... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ChevyCaGal

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I have a gas Webber bbq. I have lava rocks in it and a smoker box (with hickory chips in it). I like how fast it is. I turn it on low heat, and the smoker goes into effect as it cooks. Always tastes good to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SUBFAN

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Charcol here, add the wood chips for special occasions /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

K5Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chunk charcoal (not briquets)....mesquite wood chips sometimes....apple, pecan chips when I can get 'em...

Never use fluid...I always use a starter chimney with a piece of newspaper so I don't have that kerosene taste...I think the fire starts quicker that way anyway...

I grill prolly 2 or 3 times a week...

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Propane for the daily grilling and wood fired pit for the weekends or whenever they're a lot of meat to cook and I have some time....

ben427

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
We have a weber gas grill, very nice. But i love the flavor of bbq'ing over oak chunks, primo flavour, sometimes a couple chunks of hickory too.

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Poster: Z3PR
Subject: Re: Gas-Wood(mesquite or other)-or regular old charcoal briquets?

I use charcoal with mesquite wood chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, when i lived in NJ(sucks) there was absolutely no mesquite charcoal to be found. I used regular charcoal with mesquite chips also. Mesquite is defenitly the stuff. Smoother than hickory(yuck, too strong) and great for smoking also. I smoke a turkey with mesquite charcoal every year..yum.

Don

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If you really want a taste of true America in your BBQ'ing, just use old pallet's, as fuel, they have been everywhere man. j/k /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
just use old pallet's

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif too funny, and the rusty nails add that "essence" to the meat /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Corey 78K5

1 ton status
Reaction score
I'll use plain old Kingsford charcoal as a starter then go from there. Sometimes I'll add hickory, alder, madrone, apple or cherry. I also use these woods for smoking salmon.

Top Bottom