CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

gauge pods

dodgetruck91

Registered Member
Reaction score
does anyone here have gauge pods on their pillar on the k5 or burban? if so where did you get them, i need a 3 but a 2 pod would work. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

fatboy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
same here but cant find a thing>>>>>am thinking of fiderglassing the ones I have. some of the stereo mags have some articals for modifying the pilers for tweeters. didnt look hard but I will probley screw it up somehow. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
No one makes them to fit our trucks specifically... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am wondering this too. I am going to put a 5" autometer tach in the corner on the dash next to the A pillar and then I would like to have 2 or 3 guages on the pillar itself. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

u2slow

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The A-pillar pod seems gimmicky to me and doesn't suit the style of the trucks at all (if they made them).

I had a 3" tach mounted in a points-style distributor cap strapped to my column (12:00 position).

There's ample space next to the headlight switch. My Dad had a 2" transmission temp guage installed there.

That little shelf pocket above the heater controls is useless... I was thinking of cutting that open and mounting a couple of small guages in an aluminum filler plate.

EDIT: Something like this would be good for covering up that center speaker grille that always cracks:

http://store.racinglab.com/undasdualgau1.html

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i wonder if there are any model cars now that have guage pods made for them that would fit or closely fit on our trucks

i wouldnt mind having one

Top Bottom